Personal tools
Sections

Living room furniture

by jazmin2309 last modified Aug 16, 2013 12:38 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 6 votes)

Living room furniture

Posted by jazmin2309 at January 29. 2010

The furniture in our home says a lot about who we are. Whether you call it the living room, sitting room, lounge, or the front room, this is most likely the room a family uses the most, and gathers together to watch television or visit with friends, relatives, and neighbours.

The many styles of living room furniture available offer many options when shopping. Many people consider furniture to be a form of actual decorative art, and more than just something to sit on or put ones' feet on.

Many of us started out with 'hand-me-downs' from our parents to get started. Their taste in home furnishings may be different from ours so we will most likely want to replace the donations as soon as financially possible. Buying furnishings for the home should be well thought-out, because this is an investment that will last for many years.

Among the many different styles and designs of home furnishings are antique, Oriental, modern, casual, contemporary, or traditional. The choices in fabrics and woods involved in the manufacture of furniture are vast. Colour also plays an important part in the decision making process.
As the living room is usually the first room people see when they enter your home, this is an important room to decorate and display your taste in furnishings.

Many people decorate their formal living room with furnishings that are aesthetically appealing but not necessarily comfortable to lounge in. It depends on what you want this room to say about you.
Among the popular woods that go into the manufacture of fine furniture are oak, pine, cedar, cherry, and hardwoods. Each has its own benefit and appeal, mostly depending on the colour of the wood and how easy it can be worked with. Oak, for instance, is a very hard wood and difficult to carve designs into.

Plastics are found in many pieces of living room furniture today, they can be moulded into most any shape and colour, mostly to create a more modern design of furnishings.

Picking out the right pieces of matching furniture includes choosing a sofa or couch that fits the room you are selecting it for. A large three piece or more sectional may not be the best choice for a smaller room. The average sofa is five to six feet long and many of them have a reclining option on one or both ends, enabling the user to lean back and put their feet up.

Choosing an arm chair or two to match the sofa will be the next step. They should be of the same style but not necessarily match in colour. Again, there should be room enough in that living room to accommodate the size pieces you wish to purchase.

A coffee table and matching end tables can be of the same style of furniture and same colour as the wood trim on the sofa and chairs (if applicable) and this pretty much rounds out the living room furniture most homes have. Bookshelves, ottomans that match the chairs, additional chairs, and curio cabinets complete the typical living space.

Re: Living room furniture

Posted by Riyo at February 22. 2010

I have my own style in my house especially in my living room the furniture are arranged in modern style and I think you really impress with my design, I will post some picture later.

BOSTON MOVERS

Posted by karlihno Gallaguer at March 04. 2010

Previously jazmin2309 wrote:

<a href="http://www.familyleisure.com/Casual-Patio-Furniture">Patio Furniture</a>

Hi, I totally agree with you, the way you decorate your house it will talk about the family that lives in the house, so, the furniture you select for every area inside your house must match your personality.

Now, with the spring and summer coming we will have to think also of decorating our garden, terrace or patio with a beautiful patio furniture too.

I would recommend bamboo or any other natural wood for this patio furniture, and you will enjoy amazing and comfortable moments with your friends.

I am re-decorating my living room and I will pick your useful recommendations!

The furniture in our home says a
lot about who we are. Whether you call it the living room, sitting room,
lounge, or the front room, this is most likely the room a family uses the most,
and gathers together to watch television or visit with friends, relatives, and
neighbors.

The many styles of living room furniture
available offer many options when shopping. Many people consider furniture to
be a form of actual decorative art, and more than just something to sit on or put
ones' feet on.

Many of us started out with 'hand-me-downs' from our parents to get started.
Their taste in home furnishings may be different from ours so we will most
likely want to replace the donations as soon as financially possible. Buying
furnishings for the home should be well thought-out, because this is an
investment that will last for many years.

Among the many different styles and designs of home furnishings are antique,
Oriental, modern, casual, contemporary, or traditional. The choices in fabrics
and woods involved in the manufacture of furniture are vast. Colour also plays
an important part in the decision making process.

As the living room is usually the first room people see when they enter your
home, this is an important room to decorate and display your taste in
furnishings.

Many people decorate their formal living room with furnishings that are
aesthetically appealing but not necessarily comfortable to lounge in. It
depends on what you want this room to say about you.

Among the popular woods that go into the manufacture of fine furniture are oak,
pine, cedar, cherry, and hardwoods. Each has its own benefit and appeal, mostly
depending on the colour of the wood and how easy it can be worked with. Oak,
for instance, is a very hard wood and difficult to carve designs into.

Plastics are found in many pieces of living room furniture today, they can be
moulded into most any shape and colour, mostly to create a more modern design
of furnishings.

Picking out the right pieces of matching furniture includes choosing a sofa or
couch that fits the room you are selecting it for. A large three piece or more
sectional may not be the best choice for a smaller room. The average sofa is
five to six feet long and many of them have a reclining option on one or both
ends, enabling the user to lean back and put their feet up.

Choosing an arm chair or two to match the sofa will be the next step. They
should be of the same style but not necessarily match in colour. Again, there
should be room enough in that living room to accommodate the size pieces you
wish to purchase.

A coffee table and matching end tables can be of the same style of furniture
and same colour as the wood trim on the sofa and chairs (if applicable) and
this pretty much rounds out the living room furniture most homes have.
Bookshelves, ottomans that match the chairs, additional chairs, and curio
cabinets complete the typical living space.

Posted by Azula at March 09. 2010

I'm also new in choosing a ring furniture for me living room but some expert advice me that I have to choose the one that fit my house and I agree with them.

simmons mattress

Posted by jazmin2309 at March 16. 2010

Previously Riyo wrote:

I have my own style in my house especially in my living room the furniture are arranged in modern style and I think you really impress with my design, I will post some picture later.

Hmmm....of corse you will! More like an opportunity to link solicitit on my articles mr boston movers!

Posted by jazmin2309 at March 16. 2010

Previously Riyo wrote:

Hmmm....of corse you will! More like an opportunity to link solicitit on my articles mr boston movers!

Posted by Brian clarke at July 13. 2010

Nice post !

Here's what I do to keep my living room fresh:

*Re-arranging my furniture once every two months.
*Put Mirrors to create depth on my living room.
*Add Lamps or Statues for elegance look.
*Change curtains every week, depending on my mood (I have four different curtains)
*Place some ornamental green plants for it brings fresh air.

Racking and Shelving

Posted by greg robin at August 20. 2010

We just added 50 pieces to our catalog..

http://www.sirio.tv/catalog/sirio-catalog.asp.

Attachments

Posted by Marjorie Culkins at September 04. 2010
As what people says the living room mirrors the characteristic of the person who lives inside the house. net curtain Jardinieres

Posted by Mr Ricky at April 29. 2013

Very nice information. Many say that your living room is just more than a room as it is a door for others let you know about your inner world. It is the only room opening the world for you in the morning and offers you a warm welcome when you are home in the evening, all tired, frustrated! You can simply add modern living room furniture to make it more adorable, more beautiful. Adding modern furniture to this can make it better exciting and livelier.

Posted by joseph000 at May 06. 2013

I agree with you jazmin.Today living room furniture has become one of the most important pieces of furniture in homes today.A beautiful living room is created from careful planning and from making smart living room furniture purchases. Get the style right, the size right, the color right and the price right, and you will have fabulous living room furniture that will last as long as you need it to.Your living room furniture should be comforting and durable.

Posted by Anna Smith at August 05. 2013

the [b][url=http://www.melodyhome.com/]furniture[/url][/b] in our home is the reflection of home owner's personality, when you choose furniture, you must consider the budget, your home design style, the size of your home, if there is child , you should buy child-proof furniture.

Posted by mari tari at August 16. 2013

I thinks these tips are helpful because lighting is a very important to make your house really look more beautiful definitely.
Using incandescent light in the proper area is very important.Home lighting can make or break the mood of your home. Hence, make sure that you are selecting the right lighting for your home decoration.

Top 10 Weight loss Tips