Personal tools
Sections

Repurposed Modern Steel Furniture

by joel hester last modified Sep 04, 2010 06:58 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Repurposed Modern Steel Furniture

Posted by joel hester at April 07. 2009
Hello. My name is Joel Hester. I'm a furniture maker currently based in Dallas, Texas and i wanted to show you some of the things i have been working on for the last couple of years. Of all the things i build, im most excited about the tables and art i am building out of 20-40 year old American cars and trucks. I cut and weld all my own frames and take the sheetmetal skin from the cars and form them into table tops. i only clean and clear coat the tops. I do no color modification. The color and patterns you see took year and years to create. Obviously, each piece is truly unique. Thanks for looking. -joel http://weldhouse.com/ Before: P1020424.JPG After: P1030662.JPG Before: P1030495.JPG After: P1030889.JPG Before: '57 Chevy Pickup After: orange65-shadow

Re: Repurposed Modern Steel Furniture

Posted by jeff cai at April 13. 2009
wow, the newly made furniture looks pretty amazing!

Posted by Matt Holmes at August 17. 2009
Hello Joel. Your furniture looks pretty good. How long does it usually take you to come up with a new idea and create it? Thanks for sharing your work!

Posted by Azula at March 15. 2010

Actually it looks ridiculous but I like your idea, you use your creativity and being resourceful in making a very nice table.

__________________ futon bed

Posted by joel hester at April 07. 2010
some recent completions: 1966 Mustang Coffee Table - made from the roof of the car IMG_1028 1966 Ford Mustang mustang roof cut 1966 Chrysler Newport dining table blue_sheetmetal_dining_table_L IMG_0535 IMG_0527 http://weldhouse.com/

Posted by Marjorie Culkins at September 04. 2010
This is really amazing you are so creative, how did you come up with this idea? net curtain Jardinieres