How to Selecting the Best Computer Desk Furniture
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
How to Selecting the Best Computer Desk FurniturePosted by theresa at April 02. 2011
Many person spend untold hours on the computer sitting at a desk furniture. As a result, much of thought and preplanning should go into its purchase. Taking time to choose the right computer desk will save you time in having to replace a desk that just doesn't suit your needs. Below There some tips to you before buying desk furniture :
1. Take inventory of your computer and peripherals. When selecting a computer desk, it should accommodate every piece of equipment that is attached to or used by the computer. With peripherals such as printers, scanners, backup hard drive, modems and the like you want to make sure you have a place to fit each item.
2. Determine whether or not additional storage space is necessary. If you don't have a separate file cabinet, you might need to purchase a computer that has drawer space to fit important files. Determine whether the file drawers must fit legal or letter sized file folders.
3. Think about ergonomics. An ergonomically correct desk is more than ensuring the keyboard and the mouse is at the right level. Make sure the height of the desk can properly accommodate the size of your computer monitor. It is recommended that the angle in which we hold our head to view the computer screen should be at least 20 inches away and the center of the screen should be about 15 to 20 degrees below eye level. Therefore if you purchase a desk that requires you to look up to view the monitor, you're putting much of a strain on your neck muscles. The top of the monitor should be at or slightly below eye level.
4. Match the existing décor. Computer desks come in a wide variety of styles and materials. They can not only house your computer and peripherals, but it can seamlessly match and enhance the décor of the rest of the room.
5. Compare pricing. Once you have found a computer desk that fits all of your needs, it's time to look at the pricing. The internet has made is easy to comparison shop, so be sure to visit sites like Amazon and office furniture desks