Personal tools
Sections

Lightweight Furniture

by Todd McDonald last modified Feb 12, 2012 11:51 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Lightweight Furniture

Posted by Todd McDonald at December 04. 2006

Does anybody know who makes lightweight furniture?  I'm not looking for cheap, plastic furniture, but realistic, modern lightweight materials for living, dining and bedroom furniture.  Big and Heavy is Out for me, and I believe there's makes out there using aluminum, titanium, carbon fiber etc. without sacrificing looks and comfort.

Of course I would buy a carbon fiber dresser (better yet c.f. armoire) along with a c.f. headboard/footboard, nightstands all to match my c.f. desk for starters.

Until homes comes with built in house-scales, I'm going to have rely on forums like this for help :)

Re: Lightweight Furniture

Posted by jakob clark at December 22. 2006

I wonder just how lightweight you are wanting it to be. There are tons of great designs I would consider to be lightweight.

The Eames Storage Units are lightweight considering the sizes they are available in. They could be used as a dresser.  The Eames sofa compact is very lightweight for a sofa and is comfortable. The Bertoia Bird chair and the Saarinen Grasshopper are two very lightweight lounge chairs. There are tons of lightweight dining chair options: Bertoia, Saarinen, the Marcel Wander's Carbon Chairs, Magistretti stacking chairs, among many. As far as beds, I don't know. It's in it's nature to be heavy. The Eames folding tables, now manufactured by Modernica, is a very lightweight option for dining.

I am sure many more exist in all of these categories. I know I only named a couple of contemporary designs. I have always thought that modern furniture is lighter than traditional furniture as a whole (not everything, but most things).

Posted by Jeremy Dugosh at January 11. 2007

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE emeco navy chairs (we have one in our living room).  They can be used for dining room, living room, bathroom, outside, etc.  www.emeco.net.

Previously Todd McDonald wrote:

Does anybody know who makes lightweight furniture?  I'm not looking for cheap, plastic furniture, but realistic, modern lightweight materials for living, dining and bedroom furniture.  Big and Heavy is Out for me, and I believe there's makes out there using aluminum, titanium, carbon fiber etc. without sacrificing looks and comfort.

Of course I would buy a carbon fiber dresser (better yet c.f. armoire) along with a c.f. headboard/footboard, nightstands all to match my c.f. desk for starters.

Until homes comes with built in house-scales, I'm going to have rely on forums like this for help :)

Posted by laurent at March 11. 2010

Previously Todd McDonald wrote:

TEAKCELL answer: Hi, please let us know what furniture you need. We do only lightweight with honeycomb and veneer, indoor and outdoor. PLease visit our website: www.teakcell.com   . Cheers

Attachments

Posted by michelle at March 11. 2010

Loveseats have come a long way in their role as part of a living room set.  Many now prefer a loveseat over a sofa or a sofa loveseat combination.  They’re ideal for smaller rooms and especially if you want to incorporate arm chairs or other accent pieces.

Simmons World Class

Posted by john davis at March 14. 2011
HI, Thanks for putting up such good information guys.. I am planning to buy a good outdoor furniture set..I would like to have a good 10 piece set.. i found EMECO a bit too expensive...Can you please suggest me some cheaper option please.. :) __________________________________ Looking for garden furniture: [url=http://www.garden-furniture-outlet.co.uk]Garden Furniture[/url] and [url=http://www.garden-furniture-outlet.co.uk]Outdoor Furniture [/url]

Posted by john davis at March 14. 2011

Previously michelle wrote:

Loveseats have come a long way in their role as part of a living room set.  Many now prefer a loveseat over a sofa or a sofa loveseat combination.  They’re ideal for smaller rooms and especially if you want to incorporate arm chairs or other accent pieces.

Simmons World Class

HI, Thanks for the information..I am planning to buy a good outdoor furniture set..I would like to have a good 10 piece set.. I would like to go for rattan type material..Please help me out..i don't have a big budget

Looking for garden furniture: Garden Furniture and  Outdoor Furniture

Garden Furniture forumsOutdoor Furniture

Posted by senyterner at April 04. 2011

Thanks for more information about light weight furniture.Light weight furniture is capable of mobility and it would be easy to shift or misplace furniture when we suppose to clean or wash the room.It is available both in outside stores and also through online according to our reasonableness and comfortability.Light weight furniture would be available with all types of furnishing materials.

Beanbag

Posted by maryelliot at April 12. 2011

I had bought patio light weight aluminium furniture.The main benefit is,requires no maintenance.They are very attractivce and stylish, and come in prices depending on our budget.The fabrics for seat cushions and umbrellas are all weather resistant fabrics,so they withstand all the elements and are fade resistant.

beanbags

Posted by shane watson at May 12. 2011

Hi,

Thanks for all the information guys. I am new to this forum and I was looking for some nice information on furniture and landed up here and I am glad I saw this thread and I am highly impressed by all your creative ideas.

:)

Looking for outdoor furniture: Outdoor Garden Furniture and Outdoor Furniture

Posted by Michelle Vivera at September 07. 2011

Where in the country are you ? (Try filling in your profile :wink: )

Michelle

Solar Energy