Personal tools
Sections

Re: Looking for smart furniture items for 428 sqft studio...

by Michael Garwood last modified Nov 25, 2011 09:18 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Posted by Michael Garwood at November 14. 2011

Hi everyone. After being a Miami resident my entire life I've decided to make the move out west to finish school. I just signed on to living in a 428 sq ft studio apartment right in the middle of the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego. I fell in love with these murphy/wall beds I came across online - unfortunately the company that makes them is all the way in London, and each piece is custom made. I would ideally LOVE to find something similar to this: http://clei.co.uk/clei/atoll_swing.htm# -- something that has a couch and a bed since the space is so small. I'm a very minimal type of person and in the space I'll be in, I find it impossible to have both a couch and a bed unless I'm able to get something like I mentioned. HELP ME! What can I do and what are some other ideas?? I attached the plan and some pictures of the apartment, maybe you all can think of something better... Anything is helpful! Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Posted by Monica Thomson at November 25. 2011

I got some really nice furniture from here.

The good thing about this online shop is that they carry everything from minimal furniture to more classical designs. I think it's worth trying it out. Good luck with finding what you need! :)