Sections

Help me with this sofa, please

by Linda Hu last modified Jan 10, 2011 12:28 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Help me with this sofa, please

Posted by Linda Hu at April 09. 2009

Hi,

I am thinking of buying this sectional sofa in brown, but I'm not sure what style it fits into.  Would it be similar to something from the late 50s? Early 60s?  I also need to get chairs and I don't want to get chairs that don't look appropriate with it.  I found these chairs that I thought I could reupholster/remover the skirt, but are they from a different style of mid century?  Am I making sense?

Thanks for any help you can give me - I don't have a very good eye for these things.

Linda

Attachments

Re: Help me with this sofa, please

Posted by Linda Hu at April 09. 2009

Not sure why the pic of the sectional is so small.  I'll try to post it again.  it is leather tufted (that's when it has the buttons, right? lol)

Attachments

Posted by jeff cai at April 13. 2009
for the sofa, i think it is a modern styled sectional sofa, before you buy it, i suggest you look into details about the quality of leather as there are so many different types and different grades. for the chairs, i don't think the style of the chair match the style of the sofa and you probably should get advice from the salesperson about what type and color of chairs you should buy just my 2 cents

Posted by Becca Watkins at September 20. 2010

First of all the the chairs and sofa don't really match the two chairs are just too old fashion or the modern style sofa

Jardiniere net curtains

Posted by kimbershoe maker at January 10. 2011

Good and in depth article but full of useful information