Sections

Good-looking keyless door locks?

by Don Chartier last modified Dec 06, 2012 02:37 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Good-looking keyless door locks?

Posted by Don Chartier at May 20. 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for a modern, clean-looking keyless door lockset, so that I can let friends and contractors (and contractors who have managed to stay friends...) get access to the house when I'm not there (it's a part-time residence). By "keyless" I mean a numeric keypad for entering in a code to unlock the door. I don't mean a fingerprint scanner or other biometric scheme, since that requires getting the fingerprint, etc. in advance. I just want to tell someone "here's the code."

These things exist, but I haven't found any I particularly like--none of them have been within 10 miles of an industrial designer. They're either old-fashioned or clunky, or both.

Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Re: Good-looking keyless door locks?

Posted by Robert Pratt at December 01. 2008

Hi Don,

Did you ever find such an item? I am looking for the same thing.

Thanks, 

Bob Pratt

Previously Don Chartier wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a modern, clean-looking keyless door lockset, so that I can let friends and contractors (and contractors who have managed to stay friends...) get access to the house when I'm not there (it's a part-time residence). By "keyless" I mean a numeric keypad for entering in a code to unlock the door. I don't mean a fingerprint scanner or other biometric scheme, since that requires getting the fingerprint, etc. in advance. I just want to tell someone "here's the code."

These things exist, but I haven't found any I particularly like--none of them have been within 10 miles of an industrial designer. They're either old-fashioned or clunky, or both.

Posted by Don Chartier at March 05. 2009

Previously Don Chartier wrote:

Hi,

I found a lock from Sunnect that I've bought. I heard great things -- it allows a couple of codes and you can also use a fob. I haven't quite gotten it to work yet, but I think that's a personal problem.
http://www.sunnectlock.com/products.html

Posted by Tramer John at December 06. 2012

E-digital E-985R is the best lock system which have unique security features and control by numerical codes. I'm using it in my house as well as office and found great result beyond my thought.

You can search on it through internet facility and decided is it match with your desire or not ?