Personal tools
Sections

Modern House Numbers

by rob walker last modified Nov 10, 2011 09:51 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Modern House Numbers

Posted by rob walker at July 04. 2007

Low and behold, I went to my local HD and they have a new line of house numbers, VERY Neutra-face looking, in brushed nickel/stainless, bronze and Gasp! brass tones.  About $6 each.

Cheap modernists unite!  No longer will we have to venture to DWR and pay $68 per number!

Re: Modern House Numbers

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at July 04. 2007
pictures? Link to HD web site?

Posted by rob walker at July 07. 2007

Not listed on the HD site, which is weird because they are packaged as an HD house brand.  Then again, HD's website is crud.

They also come in black.

I'll snap a cameraphone pic next time I am there.

Posted by Leslie Jensen at July 07. 2007
Can't wait to see a photo or maybe I'll try to see them in person. Sounds promising, not so much the bronze and brass tones for us, but brushed nickel/stainless at an affordable price. Something to look for. Thanks for sharing the tip.

Posted by Jacqueline McArthur at July 09. 2007

Blomus also has some great house numbers.

Posted by darrel at July 20. 2007

yes, very intrigued. need pictures!

Posted by Jermaine Greene at July 20. 2007

Previously darrel wrote:

yes, very intrigued. need pictures!

I've seen them a while back. They are as promised. This is AFTER I spent $115.00 dollars to make this sign. My numbers are better constructed, but trust me, if these Home Depot numbers had been around when I moved in, they would have been on this sign now. They are that nice. Nuetra look. Surely you guys have an HD nearby.

Attachments

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at August 13. 2007
Has anybody tried these numbers from Chiasso - 18 each, not too bad: http://chiasso.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts;=custom&w;=house+numbers

Posted by Debra Booth at August 13. 2007
Here are the Home Depot ones on my house. I like them. They are brushed with a coating. Very easy install with the option of having them stand away from surface or right on the surface. I couldn't believe Home Depot had them, certainly wouldn't have thought of Home Depot . . . .and as I remember they were pretty cheap.

Attachments

Posted by Valerie Marsico at August 27. 2007

Atlas Homewares has 2 great styles too that are inexpensive, but well made. http://www.atlashomewares.com/pahonu.html

Attachments

Posted by erica at September 28. 2007

Previously Debra Booth wrote:

Here are the Home Depot ones on my house. I like them. They are brushed with a coating. Very easy install with the option of having them stand away from surface or right on the surface. I couldn't believe Home Depot had them, certainly wouldn't have thought of Home Depot . . . .and as I remember they were pretty cheap.

I'm desperate to get these home depot numbers.  No home depot in my area (Colorado) seems to have them.  Do you have any additional information, or do you recall which HD store you bought them at?  (If you recall the store, I can call them and try to get the specifics from them.)  I brought your picture to the service desk at my local HD, but they could not figure out how to search for them without a brand or item number.  I would greatly appreciate any additional info you could provide.  Thanks so much!!

Posted by rob walker at September 28. 2007

Previously erica wrote:

Debra,

They are all over the local stores in Dallas, Texas.  Here's my local store: 

White Rock #550

11255 Garland Rd
Dallas, TX 75218
(214)328-1900

If they can't help you, let me know and I can purchase and ship to you via my paypal thing, if you wish.

Rob

Posted by Jamie Stotz at September 28. 2007
I remember seeing some modern house numbers in the Great Indoors store in DC. (They are like a Home Depot Expo Design Center but they are owned by Sears.) There are stores in Broomfield and Lone Tree. I don't know if that's close by.

Posted by plastolux at March 06. 2008
I had the same problem I did not want to spend a fortune on numbers, so I hit the HD and found these. Sanded them and painted them. http://www.plastolux.com/2007/12

Posted by Susan Stevens at April 11. 2008

I went looking for these at my local Home Depot and came up empty. A product number would really help.

Posted by erica at April 14. 2008

Previously Susan Stevens wrote:

I went looking for these at my local Home Depot and came up empty. A product number would really help.

Susan,

Thanks to the folks on this forum, I was able to order the HD numbers through my local HD last fall.  The brand is Perfect Home, and the SKU numbers for my particular house numbers (2843) are: 401665, 401669, 401757, 401698.  They're about 5 inches tall and are called "floating" because the mounting hardware allows them to stand off from the wall.  I think they're $5.98 apiece.  I still have the packaging and can find more details (or email you a pic of the packaging, if that helps).

Ordering through HD took a lot of pushing because they don't generally special order small quantities.  I found it helpful to tell them exactly where to find them.  I know that stores in TX and RI have them.  Best of luck!

Posted by Jason at April 16. 2008

Also try Weston letters.

http://www.westonletters.com/

They have everything letter under the sun and will also make custom letters / logos. Their prices are at least 50% less than DWR.

Posted by Susan Stevens at April 18. 2008

Previously erica wrote:

Previously Susan Stevens wrote:

Susan,

Thanks to the folks on this forum, I was able to order the HD numbers through my local HD last fall.  The brand is Perfect Home, and the SKU numbers for my particular house numbers (2843) are: 401665, 401669, 401757, 401698.  They're about 5 inches tall and are called "floating" because the mounting hardware allows them to stand off from the wall.  I think they're $5.98 apiece.  I still have the packaging and can find more details (or email you a pic of the packaging, if that helps).

Ordering through HD took a lot of pushing because they don't generally special order small quantities.  I found it helpful to tell them exactly where to find them.  I know that stores in TX and RI have them.  Best of luck!

Thank you Erica! My local HD was a dead end, but I was able to find them at OSH in Mountain View, CA. YEAH!! They were $5.98 each, as you said. Now I must figure out how best to mount them. I'm leaning towards mounting them on frosted glass then backlighting with solar powered LEDs. My sweetie wants to mount directly on the house then use a spotlight. I'll have to make a photoshop mock-up to see how both ideas might look on the house.

Posted by Evan Gelder at August 15. 2010

I stumbled upon this thread after seeing the Home Depot house numbers mentioned today. I was browsing and noticed the black letters mixed in with the aged bronze--gasp!

I found the actual manufacturers' site, The Hillman Group.

Plus the numbers on the Home Depot site. They aren't sold online, but you can see the different numbers by searching on the model number (changing the last digit).

I am loving these "Blink" house numbers. So strong! But $20 each--ouch.

Posted by Tom Field at August 07. 2011
Try this site www.moderndwellnumbers.com They can do custom house numbers and letters.

Attachments

Posted by Tom Field at August 08. 2011