Personal tools
Sections

Check out my new Modern Mailbox...Richard Neutra

by Hector Perez last modified May 28, 2010 01:10 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

Check out my new Modern Mailbox...Richard Neutra

Posted by Hector Perez at March 09. 2009

I have been making these for my Architect friends for various projects.  I think I'll start making them for anyone who wants one. Tell me what you think...

Attachments

Re: Check out my new Modern Mailbox...Richard Neutra

Posted by joel hester at March 10. 2009
very cool. the mesh looks the same as my MacG5.

Posted by Christopher Welte at April 09. 2009

very cool! How much would you charge?

Posted by Hector Perez at April 09. 2009

I sell them for $199 now.  USed to be $249-299, but I found a better way to make them...

Posted by joel hester at April 10. 2009
i really like the reinforced lip of the top "helmet". very nice touch. do you have your own notcher, shear and brake? I really dig your stuff. Have you put any on ebay yet ? joel

Posted by Hector Perez at April 10. 2009

Yes, a friend of mine has a shop in his house next door to me.  Not on ebay. Word of mouth only for now.  

If you know anyone who might want one, check them out at www.neutrabox.com or email info@neutrabox.com.

Posted by Hector Perez at April 16. 2009

A few of you have emailed and I've replied. Please check your junk mail folder as a couple of you have sent me additional emails as if you didn't receive the first.  Or, you're welcomed to call me on my cell at 510 520-7747.  Leave me a message if I don't answer.  

I'm on my 3rd batch of these boxes. People are more interested than I originally thought.  I've sold a bunch to a few architects for their custom home projects, so they just depleted my inventory.  Please bare with me as I want to keep these boxes environmentally green and hand made.  They take some time to put together and finesse.  They look great in person.  I have a new red-door option and I'll be posting a picture as soon as I finish it.  It's hot!!

Posted by Hector Perez at May 20. 2010

www.neutrabox.com

Attachments

Posted by psmodern at May 28. 2010

Hector, just wanted to say thanks for the mailbox we got a couple of months ago. It looks and works great. The Seattle rain does tend to leave it looking a bit spotty but it wipes up fine. I probably need to try more turtle wax.

Great to see someone making a cool mailbox and at the price it's a steal!