Personal tools
Sections

Living Room Sofa?

by Jonathan Oltmann last modified Jun 04, 2009 03:42 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

Living Room Sofa?

Posted by Jonathan Oltmann at May 07. 2007
What are some options for living room sofas? We have checked out Crate & Barrel, Room & Board and DWR. We like some of the options at C&B.; We like allot of the options at R&B; but do not ahve a local store to check anything out in person, I am one whi is hesitant to buy furniture I have never sat in. We have also looked at DWR, but as ususal the prices are a bit more than we feel comfortable spending. We are looking for fabric, not leather, and something with a clean modern or MCM feel to it. Any other ideas of places to consider?

Re: Living Room Sofa?

Posted by Mark C at May 07. 2007

We would need to know where do you live to recommend retail stores?  Or you could always look for print ads of stuff you like then go the the  manufacturers web site and see where a local retailer is, unfortunally most of the big advertisers are the high end manufactures which are out of most of our reaches.

Posted by uncleho at May 13. 2007

Having shopped both C&B and R&B, I'd have to say R&B is top notch, but yet with a strange level of affordability for those upper middleclass shoppers. I don't think you can lose with R&B. They may not have the bold styles of some Italian makes, but they don't have the perverse markups either.

C&B is good stuff, but not as good as R&B. The prices generally reflect this also.

I think the next step lower would be a WestElm and then below them are IKEA.

Posted by Jonathan Oltmann at May 14. 2007
I think we have decided to go with a local Dallas store. They can order what we want and even custom build if need be. The prices are reasonable, right in line with C&B; and the quality is just as good if not better. I would rather suport the local guy, all things being equal. Their website needs some work, www.loftyconcepts.com Thanks for the info, I think the R&B; stuff is great but can't bring myself to buy something I have never sat on.

Posted by Carole Goetzelmann at May 29. 2007

I like Dania Furniture, AKA Scandanavian Design, AKA Plumers Furniture.  I'll bet you'll find something you love there.  The only problem is they have limited locations.   I'm going to drive 350 miles to pick up a sofa from them. 

www.daniafurniture.com

http://www.scandinaviandesigns.com/

http://www.plummersfurniture.com/

Posted by Matt Holmes at May 22. 2009
You can check out the sofas at Wholesale Furniture Brokers. They have a good selection and prices. They ship directly to your home or can be delivered to a local outlet. You can also find other types of furniture on this online store.

Posted by DallasBill at June 04. 2009

Without question check out Natuzzi. We love our L couch and chaise lounger from them.  Very stylish and quite reasonable, too. We have 4 cats and 4 years later it's still a gem. 

http://www.natuzzi.com/

Store is on Preston in north Dallas.