Personal tools
Sections

From carport to Garage in two weeks!

by Greg last modified Apr 20, 2010 10:34 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

From carport to Garage in two weeks!

Posted by Greg at April 06. 2010

Its true! There are a few of MCM homes in Broomfield, and here's proof :)

Thought some of you might be interested in my garage porject. Took about two weekends. Hardie Backer siding. Love to see your comments or questions. Enjoy!

Attachments

Re: From carport to Garage in two weeks!

Posted by Greg at April 06. 2010

1 more pic

Attachments

Posted by Greg at April 07. 2010

one more

Attachments

Posted by NomadCo. at April 11. 2010

I am curious of your installation methods using the hardie??

Posted by Greg at April 20. 2010

The instalation method was simple, but time consuming. 4 x8 sheets of 1/2 partical board first, cualked and sealed edges and gaps, primed and painted. Then, using a concret blade on your circular saw, cut 4' x 8' sheets of 1/4" Hardie Board into 2' x 4' pieces, use a template and pre-drill each corner before you install, use a 1/4" guide so that the space between each board is the same, have a friend hold the Hardie Board against the wall while you screw the board in place. I used stainless screws and grommets. Good luck.