Personal tools
Sections

Delaware Valley Modernists House Tour 18 Jun 08

by Gregory La Vardera last modified Jun 18, 2008 08:33 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Delaware Valley Modernists House Tour 18 Jun 08

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at June 01. 2008

Yup, were doing it - having another get together after something like 3 years!

Here is the occasion: We've had an invitation to tour a great contemporary modern house in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia. The house was recently completed and is unoccupied. It is actually on the market, so consider it a chance to dream about your own modern abode in the city.

First some links to learn about the house. It was posted first by Chad Ludeman of PostGreen and the 100k House project here:

I picked it up from Chad and posted it to materialicious here:

And both these blog entries have links to the design/builder's flickr photos here:

When and where: 18 June 2008, 6pm, at 2062 East Fletcher Street, Phila, PA 19125.

I've also created a event page on LiveModern.com where you will find a link to a google map:

Email me if you can come glv@lamidesign.com - its not mandatory, but its nice to have an idea of how many to expect. Also, show this to your friends and family and see if you can't drag a few more people along with you. This is a rare chance to get a peak at a cool modern house. Our thanks go out to Todd Bennett, Amy Campbell, and Ross Findly for having us over.

Fletcher Street House

Re: Delaware Valley Modernists House Tour 18 Jun 08

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at June 14. 2008

At least half a dozen people have responded, either couples or bringing friends, so it looks like there will be at least 10-12 people coming if everybody remembers, finds it, and shows! :D

See you wednesday.

Re: Delaware Valley Modernists House Tour 18 Jun 08

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at June 18. 2008

I've just returned from the open house and it was a great success. At least 30 people there at the peak, and more total with the comings and goings. Much thanks to Todd and Amy for opening the house to everyone, and thanks to everybody who turned out.

This event really organized itself! I posted notice at a couple of locations and the internet seemed to take if from there. Many people who attended have never participated in Delaware Valley Modern before, and found the event via following links about the house. So, if you know of an interesting modern house, and you think the owner would entertain a similar event please let us know and we'll work on the next get together.

Attachments