Personal tools
Sections

Fort Worth anyone?

by Mark Smith last modified May 19, 2005 05:26 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Fort Worth anyone?

Posted by Mark Smith at May 07. 2005

I am in search of a small infill lot in Fort Worth on which to build a modern house. Preferably smallish, the house will probably be 1700-2000 sq. ft. approx., and I like the idea of house and courtyard without a lot of land to spare. After living here a short time, so far I like the area between Bryant Irvin and University, South of the river, North of I20. Between Hulen and TCU is nice, but cost would probably rule this area out.

It seems like Fort Worth is even worse for modern houses than Dallas, but possibly better than the mid-cities where I was living previously. In Dallas it seems like modern is an option if you can spend $600,000 at a minimum, but at $200k not so much.

Most of the posts here seem to be more in the Dallas area, anyone else in Fort Worth making the attempt?

Re: Fort Worth anyone?

Posted by Christi Glendinning at May 18. 2005

Used to be an interesting lot available on Linden near the museum district. Had a great view to the east, but was on a funky street. Next to a nice house on the west, not so nice one on the east and the rest of street was mixed. Dont know if its still available, was offered at a little less than $50K as I recall.

Thanks, will check that one out

Posted by Mark Smith at May 19. 2005

I also found that modern lofts are being built NE of the Fort Worth Zoo near 8th Street. I am going to look at a lot near these and at the lofts too. Looks like a transitional neigborhood where they might be pleased if a contermporary was built, at least thats the hope.