Personal tools
Sections

PART 1 - MASTER BEDROOM/BATH/CLOSET REMODEL

by marla bane last modified Jul 11, 2011 07:25 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

PART 1 - MASTER BEDROOM/BATH/CLOSET REMODEL

Posted by marla bane at February 26. 2006
We are contemplating a remodel of our master bedroom/bathroom/coset. We live in Prestonwood (Preston & Arapaho area) in a standard brick 1-story built in 1978. We have a good contractor we've used before but not on projects that were design or aesthetically oriented. Looking to have a consultation with someone who can give us an idea of what we can & can not do structurally & some idea of cost & timeline. This will help us decide if it makes sense to sink that much money into this house which I do not love but we're in that struck between a rock and a hard place of having already put a ton of money into the house since we bought it. But I also look at houses on the market all the time & not sure we will find anything much more to our liking unless we want to spend a lot more $ plus likely lose $ selling this house. We have made that mistake before. I have ideas on the remodel but have no idea if they are even feasible & I know that moving plumbing gets pricey. Thanks.

Re: PART 1 - MASTER BEDROOM/BATH/CLOSET REMODEL

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at February 26. 2006

There are plenty of architects on the boards who might chime in. However, if you roughly describe what it is you are thinking about, those of us who have benn involved in renovation or have just been paying attention on the boards for some time might be able to give you a ballpark. Just for starters, simply redoing a bathroom (not moving anything, but getting all new fixtures, floor, and walls) is going to cost you about $6,000 (no Jacuzzi type tub). If you are sitting on a slab and you want to move any plumbing that would require digging through the slab it will probably add at least $2000. If you want to add onto the house, a slab foundation is generally about $10-$15/sqft, but the minimum charge is probably around $2000, so adding 20 sqft is about $100/sqft just for the foundation. Moving walls isn't really all that bad if they are not load-bearing, but can vary if they are.

Posted by Matt Kent at July 11. 2011

Remodeling projects, large or small require careful planning, including, costing and design. Seek professional advice and above all, remain constant with the theme in order for it to match the remainder of your home and lifestyle needs.

Matt

http://arlington.floorcoveringsinternational.com

Posted by John Christmas at July 11. 2011

The master bedroom could mirror the personality of the owners and at the same time, start an intimate window. Furnishings, lights, flag, and accessories all require to be charily considered to make constant the area will offer the best comfort.

John

http://www.ldj-lights.co.uk/