Personal tools
Sections

MCM for sale in Dallas

by Brandon Camp last modified Sep 11, 2012 09:23 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 12 votes)

MCM for sale in Dallas

Posted by Brandon Camp at January 19. 2006

While house shopping, my wife and I ran across a neat house worth checking out. It's on 10011 Woodgrove, MLS 10452335. Here's a quick link: http://www.ebby.com/details/254960.html

The pictures in the Photo Gallery link don't do it justice, if you get a chance go check out the rest of the interior. It's all original furnishings and hardware. Both bathrooms have those sunken tile showers that you step down into that doubles as a bath tub. And they both have floor to ceiling windows looking into private courtyards. The original foyer inside has a wooden bridge over rocks and plants (would've like to seen a water effect). The kitchen was the highlight - original cabinets appliances, with many architectural details. However, the sunroom was disappointing - was a later addition and the style didn't synch up. Also, the exterior facing the street and neighbors could've been better. All in all, I'll say a 7 out of 10 for MCM style, but a good representation for the price.

We might've considered it, but you could hear the cars on NW Hwy in the bedroom.

Would be great if someone could post some pictures - I didn't have my camera with me. Also, please post or email me if you know of any other MCMs on the market or coming up. Oh, and my upper ceiling is $400k, so while www.dougnewby.com has great houses, I can only dream.

Re: MCM for sale in Dallas

Posted by Joel Efrussy at January 19. 2006

If you are in the market, check out the house at 468 Easton. You can read all about the construction by this forum's very own moderator, Jon Delcambre, on his own forum following the design and construction.

Link to David Griffin's website below. If this doesn't link, just go to modern under styles.

http://www.davidgriffin.com/index.aspx?List=2292Agent=97Area=5id=ctrl/Detail.ascx

Happy Hunting...

Re: MCM for sale in Dallas

Posted by Mark Millikan at January 22. 2006

Hello,
I actually specialize in MCM homes in the mid-range, and I'm an agent for Ebby. I have owned 4 here in Dallas and love them. I currently have a Gordon Nichols home in Sparkman Club, which I really like. Anyway I just previewed a home at 4733 Willow Lane that you should see. It has poured terrazzo floors and some nice MCM details for $375, which may be a little high. It is a complete cosmetic re-do, but looks like it was an original owner home. Nice master suite with vaulted ceiling, could be a cool house. Let me know if you would like me to show it to you, would be my pleasure.
Mark Millikan, 469-867-9196

markmillikan@ebby.com