Personal tools
Sections

Some architects ... $%@!*

by Jeffrey Rous last modified Apr 20, 2013 03:02 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Some architects ... $%@!*

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at March 02. 2013

IMO, the architects who frequent LM are talented, passionate, creative  etc. But I have run into one (in my neighborhood) whose MO seems to talk to clients and figure out what they want, find a few plans in a grocery store plan book that sort of fits, tell the client "I have few plans that might interest you." Then he makes modifications to get the floor plan they want and (with little regard to how it will work for the exterior), dresses it up to match the desired style. No matter how poorly proportioned or awkward the exterior, it seems that a nicely drawn elevation never fails to impress. I have friends who used this guy wanting a FLW style house. Other than a hipped roof, there is zero FLW in the design. Some other folks sent over to our house by a builder friend to check out our Ikea cabinets say they want a modern house, not quite as edgy as ours, but modern. Then they showed me their "architect designed" plan" and a elevation right from a Plano style tract home from about 1990. The roof must include about 25 different facets and there are gables and (fake) dormers all over it. Slap some 1x6 and stucco on it and you have a English Tudor manor.

On one hand I have to blame clients who have the world available through Google (and LiveModern !!!), but fail to educate themselves. But, it just makes me mad. Is this common?

Re: Some architects ... $%@!*

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at March 02. 2013

BTW, if not clear, same architect for both situations above.

Re: Some architects ... $%@!*

Posted by Michael Hilp at April 20. 2013

I completely agree to what you are saying.We must make a research ourselves before believing anybody.

[url=http://www.stsinks.com]replacement ink cartridge[/url]