Personal tools
Sections

Take this lot... Please!

by Jeffrey Rous last modified Sep 21, 2010 01:03 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

Take this lot... Please!

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at September 07. 2010

Long time LiveModern followers may remember that we built a modern house in Farmers Branch. Well, now the lot next door to us is for sale (60'x170') and I would like nothing more than for a modern house to go up on that lot (the city would prefer a French Chateaux, but I would not). As it happens, I had two different ideas for our house and I think the other one would look just great next to us.

In the interest of good design, if you buy the lot and like the other house I designed, I'll draw up a set of plans for you (yes, you will need an engineer for the foundation and framing).

Attachments

Re: Take this lot... Please!

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at September 07. 2010

Oh, also, the lot is probably worth $75k-$80k (down from the $90k we paid for ours). It is not the most cutting edge modern house design because of local architectural restrictions. But on the other hand, it could be built as cheaply as any other house going up (about $100-$110/SF). It is about 3050 SF as is.

Posted by Daniel Ramos at September 18. 2010

Jeffrey, would you mind giving me more info about the location? I would like to drive by to check up the area. Thanks.

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at September 21. 2010

Sure enough. 12942 Epps Field Rd in zip code 75234.

If you don't know the area really well, I can tell you we are about 15-20 minutes from DFW and Love Field, 20-30 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from the Gallaria and 15 minutes to 75/635. We can even get to the Ballpark in about 20 minutes.