Personal tools
Sections

modern house plans

by scott stipe last modified Sep 22, 2012 06:40 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 11 votes)

modern house plans

Posted by scott stipe at April 13. 2006

I am new as of today. I have subscribed to Dwell for awhile. I am considering building a home on the Oregon Coast on a gently sloping lot. I have been pouring over house plan websites that alledgedly have Modern house designs but look like mini McMansions or victorian cottages. Has anyone come across any house plan websites that truly have some quality plans??

PS Yes, I have thought of prefab. I wonder about pine as opposed to Fir which everyone here in Oregon uses. I also wonder about steel since everything at the beach rusts immediately

Re: modern house plans

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at April 13. 2006

Duett - check out my modern house plans at my site and see if you like any of them. If you want to site build rather than prefab this is a good option.

www.lamidesign.com/plans

Check some of your back issues of Dwell - I had ads in the marketplace section.

Posted by David Cox at December 29. 2010

www.modernstockplans.com is another good source for modern home plans.

Attachments

Posted by Daniel Homes at March 23. 2011

You can check out these sites for modern house plan: http://www.theplancollection.com/modern-house-plans, http://www.theplancollection.com/modern-house-plans, http://www.houseplans.com/_modern-home-plans_modern_257.asp

Get a discount and find traditional to modern furniture styles for every room at furniture stores in Los Angeles.

Posted by Grand Designs US at January 11. 2012

If any of you are starting new projects and would like it documented on a new series for Television, PLEASE get in contact with me!!

Attachments

Posted by Sonja Guenther at January 20. 2012

I have found many cool modern house plans on http://www.coolmodernhouseplans.com

Hopefully this link will be helpful.

modern house and architecture in Charlotte, NC

Posted by SinisterKid at February 10. 2012

I too have been having trouble finding modern plans that fit with my vision of what I would like to build.   Many sites make a craftsman or victorian plan an open floor layout and think that is now a modern plan.   I guess there should be a new name other than modern to these new plans that offer simple lines and many square or rectangular shapes that many of the new modern styles have.     I have been pouring through many sites for about a year or so and Im still having trouble finding one central place that even offers advice on where to look.   It seems to me the only way to build a house with this modern style today is to go to an architect or designer and tell them what you want, pay the design fees and get along with it.   I for one do not have the money to do this so Im hoping more people make it to this forum and offer their opinion.   As for one site I found, they offer a few plans, but they do have on in particular I am eyeing.  

Here is the HOUSE PLAN

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at February 15. 2012

I thought I should repost a link to my site here, since the last time I did not hyperlink it.

LamiDesign Modern House Plans

We have a growing collection of modern designs begun in 2002.

Posted by Archibald john at May 09. 2012

Hey...
Nice link shared...
Its a great site for getting the information...
Thank you for sharing this great informative stuff here...

Posted by smithjames758 at May 18. 2012
Previously scott stipe wrote:

I am new as of today. I have subscribed to Dwell for awhile. I am considering building a home on the Oregon Coast on a gently sloping lot. I have been pouring over house plan websites that alledgedly have Modern house designs but look like mini McMansions or victorian cottages. Has anyone come across any house plan websites that truly have some quality plans??

PS Yes, I have thought of prefab. I wonder about pine as opposed to Fir which everyone here in Oregon uses. I also wonder about steel since everything at the beach rusts immediately

Dear Friend ! I am facing same problem to find the modern house design plan online. I spend my 2-3 hour daily to search some good modern house design; I thank to the god when once I got a website www.gharbuilder.com . This website have lot of new and Modern House Design

; as well as this web portal providing contact information of modern house designer in Your city.