Personal tools
Sections

plans for modern home

by cole scego last modified Nov 14, 2011 11:55 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

plans for modern home

Posted by cole scego at September 12. 2005

hello, I am sure you have read this question before, but here it is again. My wife and I would like to build a modern home (approx. 1400-1450sqft). stock plan searches have came up fruitless. Where can I find plans for a home like this. If someone has a set of plans they are willing to sell, here is what we are looking for in a nutshell.
1400-1450 sq ft
2car garage
1 level
very open plan
fits well with nature (building site is on 5 wooded acres)
steel or wood frame
2-3 bedrooms
2 baths
not prefab

Re: plans for modern home

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at September 12. 2005

Look at my site, if you have not already found it.

www.lamidesign.com/plans

I don't think any of my houses meet your description exactly, but perhaps a simple mod could be done.

Posted by Dan Hisel at October 02. 2005

Greetings Cole

If you are still looking, I'll throw my hat in the ring!

I currently have a modern house under construction on a five acre wooded site outside boston. (3800 SF, for about $200/SF). - No pictures on my website yet, but if you are interested, I can email you some.

My firm was recently named a 2005 winner in the Young Architects Forum, sponsored by the Architectural League of New York, and my Heavy/Light House project won a Progressive Architecture Award Citation and a Boston Society of Architects award for unbuilt architecture (both 2004). My designs have been published in several magazines, including Architecture, The Boston Globe Magazine, and Dwell.

You can see my work, and find contact info on my website, at http://danhiseldesign.com

I would be delighted to work with you on a custom response to your needs. Any budget and any program, and many schedules can be accomodated with aplomb.

Feel free to give me a call.

Dan

Posted by meara daly at October 25. 2005

why not hire a good architect who can work with your budget? just curious

Posted by Fredrick H. Zal at January 07. 2006

I would gladly speak with you about designing your new home.

Ciao,
Fredrick
fzal@fhzal.com

Posted by matt hutchins at January 09. 2006

You can also check out on my homepage here at Livemodern for the YAKIMA CABIN. It is a smaller than your requirements (1050 sq.ft/2 br./1ba) but could be modified to fit your requirements. If you are interested, drop me an email at matt@cast-db.com.

matt

Posted by eric koulpasis at July 10. 2007

Posted by eric koulpasis at July 10. 2007

I live in Tega Cay SC...The area is very diverse with older exhisting homes carrying a polynesean theme and most of the newer homes blending between transitional, craftsman and prairie...I would love to build a modernist home...The land I have is quite small...1/4 acre (90'x120') sloping heavily to the rear... I am a local General contractor who has built several homes for myself and I am looking for a nice modern home plan to build by... An architects services would be hard considering that the marketable square foot range in my area doesn't exceed $135 per ft including land...I can build it myself and save 30-40% construction cost but would still like to gain some equity...Any help? My building envelope would be maxed at 50wide x 40 deep...I can do a garage in the basement.... I really like the style of the Michelle kaufman two story breeze house... Another cool project that inspires me is a local townhome project here called Celadon...Celadongreenway.com...Please help

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at July 11. 2007
Eric - check out my catalog of house plans here: http://www.lamidesign.com/plans The Cube House would fit, or perhaps the Tray House with the garage left off. I can also do a plan mod for you at a fraction of the cost of a custom. Take a look and maybe it will help you to get your numbers to work.

Posted by eric koulpasis at September 04. 2007

Previously Gregory La Vardera wrote:

Eric - check out my catalog of house plans here:
> <br>http://www.lamidesign.com/plans
> <br>The Cube House would fit, or perhaps the Tray House with the garage left off. I can also do a plan mod for you at a fraction of the cost of a custom. Take a look and maybe it will help you to get your numbers to work.

Thanks Gregory...I checked out your site and saw nothing called the "cube" or "tray" house... Please send me some additional info or pics...I can be reached at ekoulpasis@southsideco.com......

Posted by Julianna Ndikintum at September 04. 2007

Previously Dan Hisel wrote:

><br>

Greetings Cole

If you are still looking, I'll throw my hat in the ring!

I currently have a modern house under construction on a five acre wooded site outside boston. (3800 SF, for about $200/SF). - No pictures on my website yet, but if you are interested, I can email you some.

My firm was recently named a 2005 winner in the Young Architects Forum, sponsored by the Architectural League of New York, and my Heavy/Light House project won a Progressive Architecture Award Citation and a Boston Society of Architects award for unbuilt architecture (both 2004). My designs have been published in several magazines, including Architecture, The Boston Globe Magazine, and Dwell.

You can see my work, and find contact info on my website, at http://danhiseldesign.com

I would be delighted to work with you on a custom response to your needs. Any budget and any program, and many schedules can be accomodated with aplomb.

Feel free to give me a call.

Dan

><br>

Hey Dan, I just checked out your website. Nice work. I love the tub! How much? Best to you