Personal tools
Sections

Where would you choose to live...

by Bunnie White last modified Jul 31, 2006 09:55 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Where would you choose to live...

Posted by Bunnie White at July 22. 2006

If you had the luxury of any place you wanted to...(within monetary reason...) where would you desire to move? And why?

If location meant nothing to work...if no kids...so no school was important...if you depise the cold weather...and appreciate privacy in living...(not a communal area or postage stamp size lot) You want to construct a modern home or find one with space...Just where would you begin to look...?

Monetary limitation: under a $mil. So the Rivera is out. Most of southern Cal beach area is out.

Just curious...any thoughts?

CB :zz:

Re: Where would you choose to live...

Posted by Tom Emerson at July 25. 2006

On the coast of Maine or Nova Scotia. I don't despise the cold weather.

Posted by Nicole Herold at July 26. 2006

So Cal canyons (take your pick of counties).

Rustic. Not cookie cutter. Lots of trees. Good weather. Independent neighbors who don't mind individuality. Plenty of S P A C E. Close enough to everything, but far enough away.

Lucky for me that's where I live. :cool:

Posted by John Rosenberg at July 30. 2006

the southwest. still affordable land, if you're south and at lower elevation, the winters aren't too bad, and the vistas are unparalelled. durango, pagosa springs, taos, santa fe, moab, etc...

Posted by RJ R at July 30. 2006

AZ, NM and many others get too hot. How about the souther oregon or norther california coast?

Oak Park Illinois

Posted by Mike Springer at July 31. 2006

Oak Park Illinois
This was the hotbed of modern design from 1900 to 1915 if you consider prairie style modern.
Over 200 prairie style homes in the oak park /river forest area. By wright an other members of the prairie school