Personal tools
Sections

Developer looking to bring Modern Acrhitecture more mainstream.

by Charles Lee last modified Jan 15, 2013 08:07 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 2 votes)

Developer looking to bring Modern Acrhitecture more mainstream.

Posted by Charles Lee at March 22. 2009

Am a developer I have built tradition homes for the last ten years am now taking the the company in a new direction.

I will building modern homes for resale anyone with ideas or thoughts would be greatly welcome.

Charles Lee . CEO

www.mycashflow1.com

Re: Developer looking to bring Modern Acrhitecture more mainstream.

Posted by Matthew O. Daby at March 22. 2009

Charles,

Are you looking to develop spec. homes?  I am a residential designer that has been working simultaneously designing tradtional homes for builders by day, and attempting to further the modern movement by night.  Well actually, as of late, my focus has been on modern spec. home plans-day and night.  It sounds like we are moving in a common direction.

Do you have property picked out?

I'd love to talk with you more.  check out my temporary website (it's under construction) www.modabydesign.net

matt

Posted by Charles Lee at March 22. 2009

Yes - Am looking to do Spec. Modern. - I come from a business finance background which means that the homes most be able to sale for a profit and sale within a time frame.  

I find lots where the comps in the area run about $400 - $500sq ft. meaning to make a deal work we have to build at $200 - $250 a sq ft not including land to make a profit.

Although  we my be able to ask more for good design. Residential Real Estate for the most part only will sale for what the comps in the area call for. 

Posted by Matthew O. Daby at March 22. 2009

Charles,

$200-$250/sq. ft. seems very doable to me, depending of course where and how challenging the site is.  I have done some challenging sloped lots with mostly wood construction (a few steel beams) within that price range in the Northwest.  It's all about doing interesting and elegant applications with less expensive materials.  I agree that good design will sell quicker and possible for more $.  What else can you tell me about the projects?  Are you looking at any lots at the moment?  Drop me an email.  Let's talk more.

matt

www.modabydesign.net

Posted by Don Whitten at March 25. 2009

Previously Charles Lee wrote:

Am a developer I have built tradition homes for the last ten years am now taking the the company in a new direction.

I will building modern homes for resale anyone with ideas or thoughts would be greatly welcome.

Charles Lee . CEO

www.mycashflow1.com

Charles-
I am a modern residential designer/architect, architectural license pending in Washington State and Georgia.  I have designed and constructed modern homes in Seattle and Wilmington, North Carolina.  I am currently located in Atlanta and maintain professional affiliations in Wilmington and Seattle.  Where do you intend to build?
The last project I designed and constructed for myself, http://tours.360vt.com/tvt/viewer/default.asp?pnl=mlsinfo&scene=407260&mkt=&size=&sa=, sold within three weeks of listing in January 2008 for a profit of over $130,000.  This modest "soft" modern home ( http://www.contextmodern.com/4122.html )was constructed for around $100/SF at the height of material prices in 2005.
Visit our web site for further evidence of modern residential design. www.contextmodern.com
I would be glad to discuss our design services or the possibility a project by project design-build partnership with individuals interested in developing modern homes.

Don Whitten
Context: design-develop-construct

Attachments