Personal tools

Beachin Mod Get Real(er)

by David Reich last modified Feb 02, 2007 03:48 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Beachin Mod Get Real(er)

Posted by David Reich at February 02. 2007

Its been a while since my last post but much has been accomplished (I think). We WILL build the Casa de Maraposa (butterfly house due to the roof as well as the wonderful migration of Monarch's we have every fall along the beaches ). This will be our first shot at achieving the ultimate goal: a simple, small, modern, affordable, and green beach cottage. I have envestigated building methods and settle on SIPS. I have investigate SIPS til I am blue and I am amazed at the lack of customer serivce offered in this field of manufacturing. I could never imagine running my business the ways these guys do. But there are a few out there and the one we are leaning toward now is Enerloc. I have seen few good things on this site about them and I hope that we can move forward with them and see that these hold true. The have been great to work with so far. I have cut loose CFHDesignStudio on getting all the details on paper. This will be fun and my designer there is a great person to work. I am sure it will only get better as we are able to put our personal touches to this. She is also a leader in the local Florioda Green Building Coalition chapter. Once all is on paper, our contractor will complete his costing and we will entertain (or maybe be entertained) for some financing. he has already put us onto some great money leads. I will be checking in with this forum and counting on this forum for input along the way. Trust me - the redneck riviera will never again be the same!