Personal tools
Sections

Please help me decide colors for my Modern Remodel Exterior

by NomadCo. last modified Jun 27, 2011 07:45 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Please help me decide colors for my Modern Remodel Exterior

Posted by NomadCo. at April 02. 2009

I really need some help/input on the choices we have come up with possible exterior color decisions. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say, like/dislike. If you guys have any ideas for some colors and swatches let me know and I will post them up. Thanks in advance!

If interested, you can follow our entire remodel project here: www.ourmodernhouse.blogspot.com

Some quick notes concerning the renderings:
-The horizontal siding will be Hardie
-The gray large square siding around the upper level window fir out and the door on the deck fir out is SIL-LEED cement fiber panels (www.cbf11.com)
-The wood cladding on the front addition (with the rooftop deck) is cedar
-The brick will be painted the colors in the renderings.
-The door color is not set in stone with each option. It is one of the door colors I like and thought it would look good with the particular mixture of colors.

The first picture is the most accurate one with the porch extending out further on the right side, the others were taken before that was decided. Everything else is the same.

This 3rd picture says "Original" as it was our first color swatch we put together. It was our first decision before I decided I should come up with some other swatches to see if we would like anything better.

Attachments

Re: Please help me decide colors for my Modern Remodel Exterior

more.

Attachments

Attachments

Attachments

Attachments

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at April 02. 2009

I kind of like something akin to Benjamin Moore's Smokestack Grey with a tangerine door. With the natural wood and brick, I kind of like the idea of painting the hardie a color that does not look too natural or rustic. I like the dark grey over the olive though -- but I am in kind of a blue orange phase right now.

Posted by Jeffrey Rous at April 02. 2009

Ok, looking at some mor eof your images, I think the siding needs to be darker than the cement panels. Take a look at Ben. Moore's Iron Mountain. It is a dark, warm grey.

Posted by Elizabeth at April 09. 2009

Take a look at the products by www.fibercementproducts.com I used the integral colored Carat Anthracite with some Red Natura followed by the Eter-Color Dark Gray and could not be happier with the way the products have stood up to the harsh saltwater on the beach.  Not to mention the energy savings from the rainscreen design.  Did I mention I will never have to paint it. :') Liz

Posted by Elizabeth at April 09. 2009

Take a look at the products by www.fibercementproducts.com I used the integral colored Carat Anthracite with some Red Natura followed by the Eter-Color Dark Gray and could not be happier with the way the products have stood up to the harsh saltwater on the beach.  Not to mention the energy savings from the rainscreen design.  Did I mention I will never have to paint it. :') Liz

Posted by Shane Hartley at April 18. 2009
I'm so impressed! these are all great. Can you do a sketch up of my house too? I've been agonizing over how to modernize the exterior of my house since I bought it. :)

Posted by DallasBill at April 20. 2009

Cool project.  I have no suggestions, but did make a comment on your blog about your flex duct installation.  You have some major issues to deal with there.

Posted by NomadCo. at April 20. 2009

I appreciate the comments, but it isn't flex duct.  It is actually solid metal ductwork.  I think the insulation is what is causing the confusion and to think that it is flex duct. I wont' use flexduct.  Not a fan, never was.. I always thought it was best for mobile homes imho...

Posted by Matt Kent at June 27. 2011

Remodeling your home color theme will be dependent on local area, such as finish. Is it timber or brick? What is era and where is your house located? All these and the desired overall theme is necessary when considering home exterior colors.

Matt

http://bloomington.floorcoveringsinternational.com/