Personal tools
Sections

Architect Suggetions

by jim mahoney last modified Apr 01, 2010 01:19 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Architect Suggetions

Posted by jim mahoney at August 05. 2005

We recently relocated from St. Louis to NH. and have begun to look for property. I'm interested getting names of architects with experience in modernist design. Projected construction budget of $125-200 sqft.

If anyone has suggestions on contractors or design/build firms those would be appreciated.

Jim

Re: Architect Suggetions

Posted by Ross Phelps at August 08. 2005

Jim,

Try Moskow Architects in Boston or Gossens Bachman in Montpelier VT or Bernard Benn in Hanover NH. Most of these firms do modernist-ish designs with a nod to the vernacular.

Posted by Dan Hisel at October 02. 2005

Hi Jim!

If you are still looking, I'll throw my hat in the ring!
(Please excuse a bit of self-promotion in this forum (I hope its ok - apologies if not.) Anyway...

My firm was recently named a 2005 winner in the Young Architects Forum, sponsored by the Architectural League of New York, and my Heavy/Light House project won a Progressive Architecture Award Citation and a Boston Society of Architects award for unbuilt architecture (both 2004). I have been published in several magazines, including Architecture, The Boston Globe Magazine, and Dwell.

I currently have a modern home under construction in Carlisle MA. (3800 SF, about $200/SF).

You can see my work, and find contact info on my website, at http://danhiseldesign.com

And feel free to give me a call.

Dan

Posted by Jeffrey O'Donald at May 07. 2007

Hi Jim,
I know this thread is almost two years old, but I thought I'd reply to see if you ever found an architect. I'm in a similar situation in that I recently moved to Vermont from Seattle and I want to buy land and build a house. I'd appreciate any architect recommendations or general words of wisdom. I want to build modern (possibly pre-fab) and ideally I'd like to incorporate solar & wind power.

Ross - I'll have to check out Gossens Bachman as I'm quite close to Montpelier.

Dan - I'll look over your site as well. Would you be open to working with someone in VT? (I see you're in MA; is it practical to work with someone over that distance?)

Thanks everyone!
Jeff

Posted by Bill Combs at April 01. 2010

In New England check out CUBE design + research, www.cubework.com - cool modern.