Personal tools

Kitchen Cabinets

by sarah bapst last modified Dec 25, 2012 11:31 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by sarah bapst at October 10. 2005

I am looking for affordable modernist kitchen cabinets. I live in the Boston area. I have been reading some messages at LiveModern which compare the cost and design of kitchen cabinets that have the more european look. Some mentioned IKEA, HenryBuilt, Kitchen Maid. I would go for Ikea but the stores are so far away (CT or Newark). Does anyone have any great suggestions for affordable kitchen cabinets in the Boston area with the European design. I have found one source for GEBA the German cabinets. I assume they may be too pricey. I really wish I could buy the cabinets pre-made and install myself, or use a contractor. Some of the cabinet stores I have visited speak about very high rates for installation of built in units. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Re: Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by Debra Booth at October 10. 2005

You are in luck. Ikea opens a new store in Stoughton, Mass. next month--November 9. I have been waiting patiently since I arrived in this area.

As far as I know--I think you can install Ikea's yourself.

Posted by sarah bapst at October 10. 2005

I had no idea, many thanks for letting me know! I kept hearing that there was to be one in Somerville and then it was cancelled due to development issues. This is very good news. I appreciate your telling me.

I am still very much interested in any feedback anyone can give me about purchasing modern European type cabinets in the Boston area.

I am logging off right now to call Ikea for a catalogue of their kitchen cabinets. I probably will go with Ikea after all I have read here at livemodern.

Posted by Michel Cleark at December 26. 2012

I am leaving in New York. Last week ago I bought a kitchen cabinets for my home at an affordable prices. This is not a IKEA or other big names but if you talk about a quality of wood then it remains the same like a other big names in kitchen cabinets. I think when you are choosing an <a href="">affordable kitchen cabinets</a> you need to check a quality of wood and not a big names,