Personal tools
Sections

Looking for Moderns in Austin

by Chuck Post last modified Nov 14, 2006 10:34 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Looking for Moderns in Austin

Posted by Chuck Post at November 06. 2006

I'm taking my 1st trip to Austin in a couple of weeks. I've heard that there are some cool modern houses in and around Austin and the Hill Country. I have an extra day on my trip and would appreciate any suggestions of where to go - either in the Hill Country or just some neighborhoods in the city - where I can drive by and get a sense of what all the Austin hype is about. Thanks. And, by the way, I'd be happy to reciprocate with ideas of places to see throughout the Sonoma (CA) Wine Country where I live and build modern houses on spec. Let me know if your headed this way!

Re: Looking for Moderns in Austin

Posted by tom mot at November 07. 2006

They're popping up like weeds around here these days. Check out the clearinghouse thread in this forum for some developer sites and hit up http://www.modernaustin.com/ to see some homes around the town.

Posted by paul schuster at November 08. 2006

><br>

CPost,

we are building modern just west of town in west lake hills. there are many new modern and original MCM in the area, also rollingwood.

here is a house on redbud trail, near where we are building.

and here is our project as of yesterday

so you gonna show us these spec homes?

I usually get to napa/sonoma every fall. but the high cost of building a custom home has clipped our wings. I will likely have to try real hard for next year since my brother is opening his new restaurant downtown napa, across the street from the culinary museum.

paul
[url href=http://austinmodhouse.com]austinmodhouse.com[/url]

><br>

Posted by Ryan Brown at November 08. 2006

I'm preparing to roll out some new features on my website this month. Here is a link to example search results for modern homes for sale in the area. The Google Earth link may be most useful to help you find your way around.

InspiredAustin.com - Modern Property Searches

FYI - I've tested Firefox & IE, but there may still be some Safari display issues. The Google Earth Network Links are live for now, but the format may change so check back if they break unexpectedly.

-RB www.InspiredAustin.com

Posted by Chuck Post at November 14. 2006

Thanks to all who responded with places to go and things to see. Let me know if your headed to Sonoma - I be happy to reciprocate. Here are a few picts of the projct I currently working on.

Posted by Chuck Post at November 14. 2006

I couldn't figure out how to load more than one pict per post, so here's and interior shot. Thanks again. I'm looking forward to my trip this weekend.