Sections

Zen/Contemporary Landscapes

by Stacey Dash last modified Sep 24, 2005 09:09 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Zen/Contemporary Landscapes

Posted by Stacey Dash at August 06. 2005

Hi All:

Just closing on our dream house in Austin. This is a small custom home in a relatively large lot (2 acres). I was wondering whether anyone has used or know of a Zen Landscape artist in the Austin area. We need to landscape our front and a portion of the back yard and were leaning towards Zen Contemporary with rock scapes, low/small shrubs etc. Basically a very easy maintainance yard with automatic sprinklers.

Also, does anyone know how much an infinity edge lap pool (40 feet) will cost? Only a portion of it will be infinity edge, I guess.

Thanks!

SD

Re: Zen/Contemporary Landscapes

Posted by Tiffany Danley at August 06. 2005

Congrats on the new place. Our landscape architect is actualy moving to the Austin area next month. He used to live in the Austin and is now moving back there. I highly recomend him. His name is David Kenyon. Send me an email, tiffanydanley@cox.net, and I will forward his contact info to you. He just finished our design and we love it. He is very knowledgeable and is great to work with.

Posted by Mark Meyer at August 06. 2005

You can always go to BigRedSun, but expect to spend a bundle. There is a young landscape design company Dig It (proteges of BRS) that does really nice work. I would look them up. They do nice work with steel, gravel, bamboo, river rocks, succulents etc.

Sdash, where is your place? You should try to join us at out next Austin Modernists meeting, which will be the last Friday of August.

Regards,

Mark Meyer

Posted by Stacey Dash at August 06. 2005

I would love to come to the Austin Modernists meeting but will be in San Francisco moving my stuff to Austin that week. Maybe next month?

I absolutely love what BigRedSun does...Their website is great! I am going to call them and get a quote...maybe I can do this in stages??? Will also look up 'Dig It'.

Tiffany: I will write to you separately.

Thanks guys and keep 'em coming...

SD

Posted by Mark Meyer at August 16. 2005

OK, I'm back in town and have access to my stacks of business cards (some might call it a Roledex, but let's be real here :) )

Dig It's phone number is 512.565.5192

Make sure you tell them Mark Meyer at designSTUDIO sent you!

Mark Meyer

Posted by charlene mcbride at September 24. 2005

Try Floribunda Plantworks which could possibly be less expensive than Big Red Sun: http://www.floribundaworks.com/