Personal tools
Sections

New Loft Web Site!

by Blair Moynihan last modified Sep 14, 2005 02:48 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

New Loft Web Site!

Posted by Blair Moynihan at September 13. 2005

I have been an avid reader of Live Modern for many months, initially finding this site while looking for plans to build a modern home on Lake Travis, here in North Austin. I currently live at The Pedernales on East 6th, one of the many planned loft communities revitalizing downtown and East Austin. Shortly after moving in, I realized a dearth of loft living related web sites, many of us lofties feel this market has been undeserved in the Modern Living community, so...

Today I have the unique pleasure in announcing a new web site dedicated to Modern Living in North America. Specifically, this site is dedicated to modern architecture as it relates to loft living, high-density urban environments, modern furniture, and modern design. In the coming weeks we expect to cover topics ranging from new loft projects that are currently breaking ground in Austin, Chicago, and San Francisco, to furniture and the accouterments that affect our daily lives.

If you can spare a few minutes, I welcome you to visit our first of many sites dedicated to making our lives richer, easier, and more fulfilled.

http://www.loftywords.com

Thank you,

B. Drew Moynihan
Publisher / Technologist
BAM 2 Media
Austin, TX

Re: New Loft Web Site!

Posted by Hayden at September 14. 2005

Cool! I will be a loft owner soon (@ The Bel Air) and agree that in some ways, the loft-living community is not as recognized as that of new home builders. Understandable. What I have noticed in my limited experience with Austin's loft projects is that those who inhabit the places are not that into modernism. I guess that people just thought it was the best alternative available, but one glance at the patios of these places and I can tell. Anyways, I will add your site to my daily. Keep up the good work!