Personal tools

Mueller Development

by Mike Derr last modified May 24, 2005 03:30 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Mueller Development

Posted by Mike Derr at March 14. 2005

Does anyone have any information on how the residential parts of the Mueller development efforts will happen and what the timeframes are? I know that there are design guidelines in the new urbanist vein, but do they allow/encourage modern design? Have they started platting out the lots yet? Will the lots be sold to individuals to bring in their own architects and/or contractors or will they just sell off blocks to developers?

I saw the previous forum topic on the redevelopment effort - Has that effort gotten going?

- Mike Derr

Re: Mueller Development

Posted by Universal Constructor at May 24. 2005

Hi Mike.

Feel free to contact me off list as it is rare for me to be able to get online and track the Forums.

Short answer is I wouldn't bet on anything interesting happening over there. I'm betting on there being about ten to twenty paint chips that are variations of beige and brown on someone's desk - basically.

Now if ten to twenty young Architects and Designers requested a meeting with a City Council Member and then with Catellus maybe something could shake loose.

Really there should not be anything in the Design Guidelines that would prohibit a slightly modern look to some of the projects - excepting their artist's renderings of course.

Universal Joint Design Associates

Jonathan Chertok. Principal
AIA Design Associate
Austin, Texas 1 512 407 9628

Development + Design + Construction