Personal tools

Welcome Back

by Mark Meyer last modified Dec 24, 2004 06:26 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Welcome Back

Posted by Mark Meyer at November 29. 2004

Welcome back all Austin Modernists.

Now that the forums are up and running again, please post any and all of your Austin and Hill-country centric questions and comments here. We really need to get all of you Austin lurkers out there actively involved, so we can set up real live face-to-face meetings over drinks and snacks. Post Away!

Mark Meyer

Re: Welcome Back

Posted by Michael McMullen at November 29. 2004

I confess I've been lurking off and on for a while now. I bought a HUD home here in Austin back in May and plan on selling it in a year or so hopefully making a little money on the deal. I'd really like to build a modern home but I don't have a clue where or how to go about it or even if I can afford it. I'm intrigued by the courtHOUSE concept on your site. (Having a courtyard space is high on my wish list for a dream house.)

Anyway, I appreciate all the info or advice you guys have to offer.

Posted by Mark Meyer at November 29. 2004

It's good to have you on the boards. Feel free to pipe up at any time. There are many of us here that will gladly answer any of your questions and offer up any adivce we have on hand.

As far as building a modern home is concerned, the first thing to do is read as many of the threads you can stand to on this site as well as There are many folks out there looking to do the same thing you desire. There are design professionals out there to help make you dreams a reality as well. Many of us here and on fabprefab have taken on the mantle of making modernism affordable to everyone that can afford to own a home. It is not an easy task, and there are lots of pitfalls, but it is possible. Also avail yourself of the blogs of others in your boat that are actively in the process of desiging and building their own modern dream home. Keep up to date on the blog entries here at LiveModern. Everyone that has a blog so far is very open with the good, the bad, and the ugly of the process. As things progress expect the blogs to fill up with the REAL important information that often gets lost in the shuffle of the process.

Posted by Universal Constructor at November 29. 2004

Mark, Marshall, All,

Glad to see everyone back on and up and running.

It's proven to be a wonderful resource.

Most Sincerely,

Universal Joint Design Associates:
Full Service Design and Construction

Jonathan Chertok. Principal
AIA Design Associate
Austin, Texas 1 512 407 9628

Posted by Hayden at December 24. 2004

Hello all. Just wanted to speak up and introduce myself to the Austin modernist crew. I am fairly new to being more involved with the subject as I want to build my first house in a few years but I want to learn as much as I can during this time so that when the time comes, I can make an informed decision that I will be happy with. I am going to start a group for Austin modernists in the very near future so we can coordinate some face-to-face meetings. I will post up the info when it gets done.