Personal tools
Sections

Agave - Cons and Concerns

by Ware Wendell last modified Jun 30, 2011 02:41 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Re: Agave - Cons and Concerns

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at November 29. 2007
Hi - I move in in about 2 weeks and have seen and heard the trains go by on LOTS of occations. I will say that the train traffic is not too frequent and travel times seem to be very resonable - daylight hours. I emailed the agave owners email list for you to try and get some first hand info for folks already in, if they don't post here directly, I'll post what I hear back. Good luck - I for one cannot wait to get in our house - all the neighbors I've talked to say living out there is simply AWESOME!!! Rob

Here's one reply from Alana who is moving into the house at 5416 Agatha Cir soon: we are out there enough I think I can address it...it's not loud and I rather enjoy seeing the train go by each time we are lucky enough to be there.

Posted by netnomad at November 29. 2007

Thank you for the information on the train at Agave.  We were really worried that it would be too loud.  We are having the Emily Little 1750 built (as long as the lot is sited for it).  We think the houses and neighborhood look awsome and cant wait.  Now we just have to see how long it takes. We heard it has been extremely slow for many people having their houses built but it is getting better. We look forward to seeing you out there.    - Deborah and David.

No doubt - things are better now than ever at agave. I believe the constructions schedules that are now being offered to buyers are realistic, unlike years ago when they first began building. Welcome to the neighborhood guys! Rob and Karen (and Alex and Addison, our kids) 7301 Ava Lane (as of the week of December 10)

Posted by tru bin at December 07. 2007

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at December 09. 2007

Dear "tru bin" - I'm not sure who you talked with, but Bryan Jordan, the man in charge of developing agave and all of the Nine Sixty Nine development, has been nothing but professional and extremely helpful in all my dealings with him (which have been extensive).   He, and other recently hired folks, have turned the development around and are top notch in my book.  If you talked with someone else, feel free to email me off list (carnochan@mail.utexas.edu) and I'll send you Bryan's contact info so maybe you can deal with situation professionally rather than useless, anonymous internet bashing.

Sorry you had a bad experience  -

Rob 

(http://7301ava.blogspot.com/)  

Posted by Alana Chandler at May 12. 2008

In response to your comment...I must correct the misconception. My job is part real estate research, part marketing.

You have only half the facts. While sales have slowed in Austin, exisiting home prices have all raised 8-10% upon average.  There is NO real estate study that shows otherwise, except one I read that said prices of Austin homes increased by 7.5%.

What has affected the nation is not true to Austin. In fact Austin was rated tops by Forbes magazine as one of the BEST real estate markets.

And, as for the slow-down in sales...

May has seen booming numbers. I do see we are on an upswing..but even if that is temporary, don't confuse loss of equity with less sales. That's just not the case. We are tops in the country for rising equity.

Dont plan to make money from appreciation in Agave? Do you realize that many homes have nearly DOUBLED in value in just 1.5 years??

I think you are confusing what is going on with the rest of the country when saying "real estate is bad and pricing are lowering because it's true in some parts is like saying "it's 95 degrees today in America"

I think it's important to truly understand your market completely...and, as a reminder, Austin is the ONLY city in the entire US that has doubled in population every 20 years since the 1800s. What's changed about that? Now we are doubling every 15 years.

Look for an average price reduction by 8% next year? Good luck...it's just not possible when, in the worst real estate year ever, Austin home prices increased by that amount.

Previously Scott Bettersworth wrote:

Fact - the Austin market is feeling the affects of the "national" (CA,AZ,FA,NY,MA,IL,NV mostly) down turn. And there is way too much new development for anyone to see short term gains in Austin real estate when they are paying "retail". There was almost a 50% drop is home sales in September and around a 40% drop in October when compared to last year (Austin MLS stats for entire Austin metroplex). The good news is if you are looking to buy, we are approaching one of the best times in three years and Austin is and will continue to be one of the best real estate markets in the country.

I think Agave is a cool development, but the only reason to buy there is because it is cool and new, not because you plan to make money from appreciation (at least not for several years). A better bet from a money standpoint is to look for something that has been well renovated in an estblished close in neighborhood, i.e. University Hills, Vintage Hills, in the East. To the northwest look in the McNeil Parmer area. You can find a cool ranch and really fix it up, plus these areas are still seeing less than 2 months supply of good homes.

A few predictions: 1)The downtown condo market will weaken as sales (often only reservations) fall off and ready inventory peaks.

2)Out lying markets like Kyle, Buda, Cedar Park will see large numbers of foreclosures in newer "open price point" 

markets. What a great time to buy some rental properties!

3) Look for an average price reduction this time next year of around 8%.

Sorry to ramble!

also to the person who mentioned Agave homes being "pre fab"

they are not...Agave homes are architect-rendured, poured slab foundation, board and beams, and stucco/hardi siding  ALL built on location.

pre fab homes are inexpensive to build. That is not why Agave is affordable.

EVERY BLOG I POST IS ON HERE???!!

oh woooow. I haven't been on this site for months and months....

and I see that when I post on my blog, it appears here.

gosh, wow...hmmm.

Not sure what I think of that.

let me sit with this one for a spell...I'm trying to think of who I don't want reading my blog or discovering it.

there must be someone. too late I spose.

alana

Posted by Matt Kent at June 30. 2011

Another great article from Living Modern. Our homes are our castles and when we are looking to undertake a remodeling project this is the site to gain inspiration.

Matt

http://woburn.floorcoveringsinternational.com/