Personal tools

MCM in San Antonio,TX?

by Josue Nolasco last modified Sep 19, 2012 09:55 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 12 votes)

MCM in San Antonio,TX?

Posted by Josue Nolasco at August 22. 2006

I know you guys are in Austin, but do you know of any MCM homes or anything remotely modern in the San Antonio area? I only see listings for Dallas, Houston and of course Austin.

Re: MCM in San Antonio,TX?

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at August 22. 2006

visit this site - there are a couple SA MCMs listed there . . .

Good Luck,

Posted by Mark Meyer at August 22. 2006

San Antonio is full of MCM houses. Look in and around the Alamo heights area.

Posted by eric eidelbach at September 11. 2006

Well, like any place I suppose, we have a few MCM's spread around here and there. There are a few REALLY amazing properties primarily in Terrell Hills, Olmos Park, and Oak Hills. We have several MCM's that are designed by noted architect O'Neill Ford and a few by modernist Milton Ryan (his stuff is almost exclusively in Terrell Hills though, and seem to be getting knocked down to make way for McMansions at an alarming rate!)'s a cool MCM Milton Ryan for sale in a great neighborhhod in San Antonio (Terrell Hills), wish I had the cash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! And no, I'm NOT a realtor, ha ha! Oh yeah, this house has been for sale forever!

...oh yeah, here's another Ryan house for sale, although a bit ramshackle. I was told by a realtor friend that the sellers are very motivated. Only downside, and what prevented me from actually seriously looking into it was that it's directly next to a rather scary apartment complex. Now I like texture and all but the apt is pretty dang spooky!

...and yet ANOTHER Milton Ryan that just popped up, but priced ridiculously high, even by Terrell Hills standards. This seller is delusional. Nice house, needs work though.