Personal tools

Real Estate Woes

by nadia caffesse last modified Jun 13, 2006 01:07 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Real Estate Woes

Posted by nadia caffesse at June 09. 2006

so, i just found this site yesterday and i'm hooked. my husband and i are trying to find a MCM home in the Austin area. we are young, yes. perhaps a little naive. how hard can it be to find one that won't cost us an arm and a leg?

so, my question is this: can anyone recommend an agent that deals SPECIFICALLY with these types of homes?

any direction would be MOST appreciated!

Re: Real Estate Woes

Posted by Ana Watson at June 10. 2006

Welcome to Austin! It's a challenge to find a great MCM house here lately. Ones in more desireable neighborhoods sometimes sell before they're ever listed. You really have to stay vigilant. I'm sure you've seen the Agave Developement posts here. That's a cool trend going on in town.
As for agents check out:
And last, but not least, check out
I check this site daily. That site this one are probably your best bets for keeping up with modernism in Austin. Good Luck!

Posted by Ben Phenix at June 11. 2006

I also recommend Drew Marye and I'll also say keep an eye on:

Steven Herbert who runs that and is also a realtor and knows MCM and modern design well.

Posted by nadia caffesse at June 13. 2006

oh! that's good to know. we are already represented by the Marye company. . .and as far as agave, i think we've pretty much ruled it out. at this point it would take too long to close and cost about as much as finding a place in town.

we've lived in austin for almost 15 years. the city never seemed so SMALL until we started looking for a house!

thanks for the links.