Personal tools
Sections

Glass backsplash fabricator/installer?

by Diane M last modified Oct 12, 2009 06:32 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Glass backsplash fabricator/installer?

Posted by Diane M at May 24. 2006

Hello. Can anyone recommend a good glass fabricator/installer? I would like a solid glass, colored backsplash in my kitchen but sadly, I am not a DIY'er so need to hire someone to create this for me. So far, glass companies I have called don't seem to know what I'm asking for. Any recommendations?

Appreciate any help.
Regards,
Diane

Re: Glass backsplash fabricator/installer?

Posted by Mark Meyer at May 25. 2006

Call Rennaissance Glass. They are the experts, but be prepared to pick yourself up off the floor after they give you a quote. It is running about $45/s.f. for back painted glass backsplashes. This seems out of this world to me, but since there are so few companies that do this (and these ghuys are experts) I suppose you get what you pay for.

Mark

Posted by Diane M at May 25. 2006

Thank you Mark. I'll give them a call and thanks for the warning on the price. Any idea if some type of plexiglass or polycarbonate would be a more affordable alternative? I'll start researching that as well, otherwise, I may have to think about glass tile. Appreciate your help!

Diane

Posted by Dianita at October 12. 2009

I made our own backsplash out of glass that I painted with the glass backsplash paint from http://www.glassprimer.com it turned out great and was easy and cheap in the end, I can say at our size it came to about $5.00 per sq foot once all done. It has been up for about 3 years now, we are now making a cool water wall and will be painting it as well. We installed it with silicone glue and was surprisingly simple. I never knew how easy glass was to install, I always thought it needed fasteners and screws but it doesnt!!