Personal tools

by jakob clark last modified Mar 20, 2006 04:29 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Posted by jakob clark at March 16. 2006

SXSW and KRDB. Two of my favorite 4 initial acroyms in one sitting.

My group Living Better Electrically will be playing at SXSW this weekend for our third time and to add to that bundle of fun we are staying in a KRDB home. My keyboardists' friends have one and are out of town that weekend. They were nice enough to let us crash. I am pretty jazzed to see what one of these are like firsthand.

I would love to see some LiveModernites there as well. Here is our SXSW show link:

You can hear a song here too, so you can make sure we fit your taste. Maybe I'll never come back and I'll just become a modernist Austinite myself ... after all, it's all part of my rock n' roll fantasy.

Posted by jakob clark at March 20. 2006

So I just got back early this morning. The KRDB was everything I expected. It was pretty much exactly what I would want for the price level they seem to be selling at. Nothing too fancy, a simple and modern blank canvas. Concrete, white walls, simple trim, simple fixtures, well built.

This particular model was a 2 bed, 2 bath with office. The kitchen/living/dining was one big room. The floor plan was a H shape. The retangle on the left held living/dining/kitchen and the one on the right contained bedrooms, bathrooms, and office. The middle section contains the front and back entrances and laundry closet/storage.

I don't see why they can't make tract homes like this. The plan seemed pretty simple. The materials were basic. The construction, however, was more superior than basic tract homes.