Personal tools

Travis Heights, Bouldin Creek.

by Ben Phenix last modified Jun 14, 2005 04:57 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Travis Heights, Bouldin Creek.

Posted by Ben Phenix at June 14. 2005

[url href=]Pictures from this weekend.[/url]

I started out this weekend's city wander heading over to East Austin. Seeing as how cheap the houses are there I was hoping that there would be some areas that will show future promise. Can't say I saw anything until I got closer to town lake. One thing I tend to focus in on is the yards. House upkeep can be expensive so it is one thing to have faded paint, worn siding, etc, but if the yard is mostly about effort. That to me is more of an indicator of the fabric and pride of the neighborhood than houses themselves. There is a picture of the well known Cedar house.

Nothing modern, but down by Fiesta Gardens I saw some signs of renewal and effort. [url href=]Here is one example.[/url]

Work over to Travis Heights. This seems to be interesting area. It isn't as designed suburb feeling as say Barton Creek. Came across the 800 Avalon place seen here in other threads. Attractive place overall.

I almost missed this place, as there was this enormous wooded lots across the street I was checking out:

I've seen this somewhere but can't quite recall.

Bouldin Creak turned out to be real gem. Not just for the several new modern houses there, but also due to creek running through and how it shaped the neighborhoods. My favorite was the street this was taken on (forgot the street name now):

A good section of road was line with these stacked stones.

However, my impression of Bouldin Creek and Travis Heights is areas where the isn't much of bargins to be found anymore.

Some of the other pictures in the set are from Hyde Park, include some of the contruction of a Metro House a few blocks from me.

Re: Travis Heights, Bouldin Creek.

Posted by Ben Phenix at June 14. 2005

hmmm. The livemodern forum is just so slightly different the majority of other forums I've used, so sorry about the now broken links there. I can seem to find the edit post options so here are the corrections:

Collection of pictures: [url href=][/url]

Actually upon testing it appears that the forum didn't like the picture size it appears (600x480), so here are thumbnail versions.

Travis Heights house:

Bouldin Creek curb: