Personal tools
Sections does it crash anyone else's browsers?

by tom mot last modified Feb 25, 2006 02:18 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes) does it crash anyone else's browsers?

Posted by tom mot at January 31. 2006

It looks like GreenMangoRealEstate has a lot of new Agave homes listed. Looks like some neat designs too. I'd love to view them all but every time I do my browser freezes, computer slows to crawl and I have to wait 5 minutes for it to force quit. This happens on all three different PC's I've used and is incredibly frustrating. I suspect it has something to do with the way they've designed the site to display the rollover images. But even with the number and size of the images they have per home, it shouldn't be doing that to systems. And I don't have this problem looking at any of their other home listings except the Agave ones. Annoying.

Anyone else suffer this?

Re: does it crash anyone else's browsers?

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at January 31. 2006

My system does slow a bit (more on the FAB design pages than the other), but it has never crashed - I use a mac however. I agree that some of the new designs are outstanding - Kevin Stweart's designs have some VERY MCM influences and KRDB and Studio Momentum have done a great job too.

I have another meeting with them tomorrow - hoping I can lock down a lot and design VERY soon!

Posted by Ben Phenix at January 31. 2006

It will freeze up my browser as well from time to time. Doesn't seem to matter which one I use either.

The realtors there I've talked to seem to know that it is an issue (one of them pro-actively warned me).

I think the issue may be a combination of bad scripting and large images but sadly I've just taken to avoid going there.

Posted by Jeff Joiner at February 25. 2006

Hey guys - I was having the same problems so I emailed Ali at Green Mango (my realtor) and suggested they reduce the file sizes on those jpgs (they were HUGE). They made some changes and it does seem to be running faster now (and more important, not crashing my browser). Hope it's working better for everyone else.