Personal tools

Seeking interior designer w/modern sensibilities

by Stephanie Holt last modified Nov 08, 2005 01:26 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Seeking interior designer w/modern sensibilities

Posted by Stephanie Holt at October 25. 2005

Hello fellow Austin modernists,

I've been lurking on this list for a while because my significant other and I bought a wonderful modern house (2310 E. MLK - built in 1964) about a year ago and have been slowly remodeling/revamping it. The whole project has now been kicked into high gear because we had a large fire in the house this past week. Hopefully some of the interior elements of the house will be spared demolition, but a lot of things must be replaced including the entire kitchen. We are considering hiring an interior designer to help with all of the decisions that have to be made. I would appreciate any recommendations you may have for a designer that appreciates mid-century modern and could help us preserve the original spirit of the house while also making a few needed updates.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Seeking interior designer w/modern sensibilities

Posted by sydney rubin at October 26. 2005

I can help. Send an email to and I'll bounce you some information.

Posted by Mark Meyer at October 29. 2005

If you haven't found some one yet to help you with your project I'd be very much interested in discussing it with you. While not an interior designer per se, I think you may need something a little more in the way of designing and documentation to rebuild your house into the jewel I imagine it to be. And there also may be interesting possibilities available to make it even better.

Drop me a line if you'd like to chat

Mark Meyer

Posted by Harmony A. Edwards-Canfield, IIDA at October 29. 2005

I am a registered Interior Designer in the State of Texas, and I may be able to assist you in your endeavor. I actually specialize in Commercial Interiors but as you can imagine I associate with numerous Interior Designers and Architects whom I could put you in touch with. Let me know if you are interested.

You can reach me at

Harmony A. Edwards-Canfield
Harmony Edwards Interior Design, PLLC
Austin, TX

Posted by Cherie Gilbert at November 08. 2005

I am a designer in Georgetown, but work throughout the Austin area. I can do any range of design, but my main love is modern. I have a deep passion for 1950's - 1960'5 Ranch Style Homes!
If you have not found a Designer, please give me a call at 512-922-4531. We can schedule a free Consultation.

Cherie Gilbert
Georgetown,Tx. 78628