Personal tools
Sections

New Austin Modern Blog

by Joseph Simons last modified Jan 14, 2006 05:08 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

New Austin Modern Blog

Posted by Joseph Simons at January 13. 2006

This is weird to post, because it is still very new to me, but I have started a blog that has a lot of Austin-related modern stuff.

We are moving to Austin in February and are planning to either build or buy a modern home, and I decided to start this blog and write about the experience, from beginning to end.

The blog is not only about architecture, but has a modern lifestyle angle, because that keeps me interested and engaged with writing it.

I thought some of you might get a kick out of it, and that it might be interesting reading as we search for our modern home site or buy a modern home.

Our architect and/or builder will have to be comfortable with me publishing my experience, so if we luck out and hire someone really good, I guess it will serve as some type of publicity. I already have a lot of readers, which is a bit strange to see.

www.miesandcarrots.com

Have a good one,
Odysseus

Re: New Austin Modern Blog

Posted by Mark Meyer at January 14. 2006

Odysseus,

Shall I add you to our Austin Modernists email list? We generally meet once every month and discuss all things modern, especially real-estate and architecture. We'd love to have you, and good luck with the home site search and the design and build. You'll also find that there are a lot of us that keep very close tabs on the availability of interesting lots and modern homes, so it is a good resource for those in your position.

Regards,
Mark Meyer

Re: New Austin Modern Blog

Posted by Joseph Simons at January 14. 2006

Mark, please do add me to the list.

I travel quite a bit for work so my attendance might be spotty, but I'd like to have the opportunity nonetheless.

mod.odysseus@yahoo.com

Thank you-
Scott