Sections

Modern Hotels in Austin? Also a store to share, but not in Austin

by Mark Hoover last modified Feb 18, 2006 02:15 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Modern Hotels in Austin? Also a store to share, but not in Austin

Posted by Mark Hoover at February 17. 2006

Hey Everyone,

I live in Seattle but I go to Austin for business from time to time. My company always puts me in these 3 star hotels that never gave me the oppertunity to experience some of the modern boutique hotels in the area. This time I'm going down there with my fiance since her best friends are livin' over there, any suggestions?

Also what I like to share is that for those of you looking for modern furniture. You might want to check out www.alchemycollections.com. Its a new furniture store out of Seattle. They do kind of a mix and match of Asian Influences and contemporary furniture. I love modern furniture but the ones I like always end up costing more than I can afford at this point of my life. The prices there is really good, like Crate and Barrel prices but much better quality and design. The store manager told me their products are from China, which caught me by surprise b/c I would never have guessed when I visited their showroom. I was a little apprehensive at first but for the prices I'm paying it is worth a try. I got my couch (CASA) from them for a little over $3000 and the sofa really has the look and feel of a Minotti, the fillings on the sofa is all down which is exactly what I've been looking for! I am very happy with it! I think you can get in touch with them for catalog if anyones interested.

If anyone knows great furniture stores in Austin or nice boutique hotels please let me know!

Thanks.

Mark;)

Re: Modern Hotels in Austin? Also a store to share, but not in Austin

Posted by rob moehle at February 18. 2006

Check out the Hotel San Jose...it is the only hotel that I can think of in austin that has significant design elements. actually, there is a place called the mansion on judges hill that is pretty cool as well.
http://sanjosehotel.com/
http://www.mansionatjudgeshill.com/flash.html

lake/flato did the redesign of the San Jose and did an amazing job.
lakeflato.com

Posted by Mark Meyer at February 18. 2006
The one and only modernboutique hotel in Austin is the Hotel San José. Do yourself a favor and stay there, as it is really nice.

Mark

Posted by Mark Hoover at February 18. 2006

Great! Thanks for the suggestions! Just booked a room at the hotel San Jose.

Cheers.

Mark