Personal tools
Sections

Agave owners: I have questions...

by Carrie Bryden last modified Jun 04, 2006 07:01 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Agave owners: I have questions...

Posted by Carrie Bryden at April 06. 2006

What are the schools like? Those of you who have bought and have kids, what are their ages? I am interested in Agave, but want to know more about the community. We currently live in LA. Also, those of you that have bought, what are your ages? 30's and 40's?:zz:

Re: Agave owners: I have questions...

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at April 06. 2006

The Manor schools are not known for their high test scores - you can find that kind of info online (http://www.manorisd.net/), but I'm not a big test score kind of guy. Manor ISD is growing pretty fast due to the construction going on, however, many of the construction projects are on the low end side - very affordable housing.

My wife and I are upper 30's/low 40's and our kids are 4.5 and 5.5 years old. There is a new charter school .5 miles from agave that we are tyring to get our 5.5 year old in for next year, but it has become pretty popular and they had to resort to a lottery selection process - we're on the waiting list. They only have k - 3 at this point, but there is a plan to expand to middle school grades in the future.

Hope this helps a litle.
Rob
7301 Ava Ln

Posted by Sharon Love at April 06. 2006

Hi,

My son will be a junior and goes to St. Andrews (the high school is south of town, not too close). If you're thinking about private, there are several that are drivable from Agave. I'm ... well... old enought to have a 16 year old. But I still act really childish most of the time.

S:grin:

Posted by Jacqueline Gross at April 19. 2006

I was there today and talked to Julie (the designer) about the school situation, because I am making changes to my house that take it from a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom, limiting resale (I don't have kids). She said there is an inexpensive Discovery school near-by that many of the future residents will send or are sending their children to.

I have celebrated several anniversaries (6) of my 29th birthday. I like the 20s. Thirties sound way too mature for me.

Posted by Sharon Love at April 20. 2006

Yo - jacgross. 30s sound way too mature? so what are the 40s? Dead? So do you hang out with me to to get the senior citizen discount? I am so going to TP your house when you move in. (I seemed to have skipped the maturity part)

Posted by Jacqueline Gross at April 27. 2006

SELove -

I forgot about that just turned 40 thing. I kept thinking you were my age. I guess I shall have to drop you as a friend now. TP away. I'll fill your front yard with forks. There's definitely no maturity here.

Posted by Jan Hill at June 04. 2006

I have friends who send drive their daughter from central Austin out to the Discovery school everyday...why don't they just move to Agave, hmmmm?

Please don't tell me I'm too old for Agave? I'm young at heart, that's for sure. Frankly, I have qualified for AARP discounts for several years now...UGH! I refuse to become a card carrying member YET! ;)