Personal tools
Sections

Agave... catch a bus?

by Matt L. last modified Sep 13, 2012 10:08 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 6 votes)

Agave... catch a bus?

Posted by Matt L. at July 16. 2007

My name's Matt and I'm interested in buying an Agave house... my wife and I are moving to Austin in a month or so.

However, we have one concern... can you get any bus service from the Agave neighborhood? We share a car and would like to continue doing so. Our hope was to be able to bus to work each day.

What do y'all think? Is that possible at Agave?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Agave... catch a bus?

Posted by Ryan Brown at July 17. 2007
It looks like you have some options to/from Agave. Here are some links I use to checkout public transit options:

Google Transit

Capital Metro Schedules and Maps

It looks like your main options would be to catch the 23, the 37, or the 137, depending on where you work. I found the best starting address that google understands for Agave to be "Trinity Meadows Crossing, Austin, TX". This is their name for Sendero Hills Pkwy. The resulting route shows a bit of a hike + a few transfers, also be sure to check your travel hours are covered (in case you work the graveyard shift or something).

Let me know if you have questions about any other areas. The new commuter rail may provide more options for you.

-RB
InspiredAustin.com

Posted by Ryan Brown at July 17. 2007

In case my edits don't show up in the above post, here is a correct link to the Google Transmit map I mention above: Agave -> Downtown

-RB
InspiredAustin.com

Posted by Matt L. at July 17. 2007

So that's the secret to google-mapping Agave? Use Trinity Meadows Crossing? Thanks!

Doesn't appear to be all that easy of a bus commute... though it's good to know it's possible. Will have to consider that.

Thanks again... Matt

Posted by Chong Shin at July 18. 2007

Matt, I would like to warn you about the Agave development.  I have a contract on a house on Agatha, which I signed in July of last year.  The house was to be completed by the end of March of thie year.  They did not even attempt to start on the house until the first or second week of March, when they discovered that the easement that ran through the middle of the lot, which they were aware of and idd not tell me about, was to far forward to allow the house plan that they had sighted on it to be built.  When they figured it out they offered me an inferior house on the same lot or the same house on a smaller lot for the same price.  I told them that was not acceptable for me to get less house for the money because they made a mistake.  The case is currently in litigation.  My understanding is that my situation is not uncommon.  If you do decide to buy a house at Agave then, be ready for all sorts of delays and them trying to make substitutes without your approval.  Also, I highly advise that you have an attorney review the contract for the house before you sign anything.  I've been told by the real estate broker that use to represent Agave that they have changed the contract forms form the Texas Real Estate Commision form to one that their attorneys have drawn up that allows them to do whatever they want without giving the buyer any recourse.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but hopefully this will keep you from a bad decision.

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at July 18. 2007
Hey Matt - I'm a long time contract holder at agave too (one of the longest actually) and while there have been many, many growing pains, I sincerely believe they're now on the right track and the future is bright. Not sure about bus commuting, but it looks like light-rail is in future plans and with the tons of developments already in construction and others on the boards, the area is going to attract LOTS of attention from all aspects of the austin community, including mass transit. Agave has many spec houses available at good prices that are almost to finished - that seems like a great way to go at this point. I'm REALLY looking forward to living in the community. Feel free to check my blog (and others linked from mine) at http://7301ava.blogspot.com/ Best of luck to you, Rob

Posted by Matt L. at August 29. 2007

FYI... looks like there may be bus service to agave soon...

http://www.capmetro.org/news/news_detail.asp?id=2652

One of the proposed changes:

4/18 Montopolis/ MLK Weekday/Saturday/Sunday Route Extension Extend route to FM 969, Johnny Morris Rd, Loyola Ln, and Sendero Hills Pkwy Remove route from Ed Bluestein frontage, Techni Center Dr, and Tannehill St. Schedule Adjustment Minor schedule adjustments to improve operation.