Personal tools
Sections

Info on El Paso Texas

by Annette Farinella last modified Aug 09, 2007 10:09 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Info on El Paso Texas

Posted by Annette Farinella at July 01. 2007

While I realize that Austin is quite a distance from El Paso, it is as close as I can get in this forum.   I am wondering, if one was to look for a modern home in El Paso, where would  one start?  Does anyone out there have any advice?   If  you are from El Paso or are familiar with it from this perspective, perhaps you could reply with any suggestions / direction.  Local architects welcome to apply! Thanks.

Re: Info on El Paso Texas

Posted by Mark Meyer at July 01. 2007

Annette,

If you find yourself in the position to build from the ground up, or renovate/add-on to an existing property out El Paso way, I'd be interested in speaking with you about design. I am about to start a project in Capitan New Mexico, as well as out neat Terlingua, so that distance isn't too much of a hinderance.

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

www.designSTUDIOmodern.com

Posted by Bill Elliott at August 09. 2007

Hi Annette,

I hope you'll see this post, it's so late after your original message.  However, my wife and I recently moved to El Paso and found a fantastic mid-century modern home.  El Paso has a number of these gems.  I think most of them will be found on the west side of town, in the mountains.  There are also some more modest places in the mountains on the eastside as well.

On the west side, the Coronado Country Club area and some areas to the south of that would be good places to look.  On the east side I think the area called Mountain Park would be a good area.  Two local modernist architects built houses for themselves and others in that development.

Good luck in your search.

I also have a question regarding El Paso.  Does anyone know how I can find the architect that designed my house?  I'd like to make some additions, but I don't want to ruin the design.  Given that my house was built in 1960, I don't know if the architect is still working, but I'd like to find someone that could help me keep the overall integraty of the design

--  Bill

I've added a couple of pictures in case anyone might be able to recognize a particular architects style.  -- Bill

Attachments

Posted by Annette Farinella at August 09. 2007

Georgous!  Simply lovely!  Thanks so much for the info.  If  not being to forward, can I ask what you paid? 

It's public information, at least I think it still is (who knows anymore with all the privacy laws).  We paid in the low 400s.  It was around 125 a square foot.  I suspect that one could find a nice modern design for somewhere in the 200s on up.  The market in El Paso still seems to be a bit of a buyers market, I suspect even more so for a modern place.  The place we bought had been on the market for over 6 months.  I don't know if you're in the market right now, but if you're interested, I can give you the name of the realtor that helped us find our place (if that's acceptable on this forum)  --  Bill