Personal tools
Sections

knock knock. Anybody home???

by Mark Meyer last modified Apr 22, 2010 10:23 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)
Click to change your rating: (not rated)
  worthless bad average good great

knock knock. Anybody home???

Posted by Mark Meyer at April 20. 2009

Austin Modernists past and present,

Are there any of us still hanging around the LiveModern bulletin boards? We used to have the most lively forum on this site, and now it looks like we are being soundly beaten by the Dallas forum. As the moderator of this forum I'd be interested to hear what any of you Austin folks would be interested in discussing, if there are any of you active lurkers out there.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll see of I can't get some interesting conversations rolling again.

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

designSTUDIO

Re: knock knock. Anybody home???

Posted by jakob clark at June 17. 2009

Hey Mark! Don't know if you remember me, but I was a charter member of the Dwell forum and was on here as well for a while. I am in Austin, too. Do you still have those AUstin Modernists meetings from time to time?

Posted by Mark Meyer at June 17. 2009

jakob,

We haven't had any of those meetings in a LOOOOONG time. Interest in them seemed to dry up and the turn-out kept getting smaller and smaller. It might not be a bad time to start them up again, if we could get people interested again.

mark

Posted by Kumi at August 01. 2009

Hi Mark!  Nothing important to add to a forum discussion.  Saving our pennies for the bathroom addition - thinking about it a lot lately.  Just wanted to check in to say how much we love what you did with our house!  People still stop and look!

Kumi (and Tommy)

Posted by Mark Meyer at August 10. 2009

Thanks Kumi!

I'm glad to hear that our addition has made a positive difference to the way your house worked. I like the way the plants are growing in, though I'm sure they could use some respite from this heat!!!

Mark

Previously Kumi wrote:

Hi Mark!  Nothing important to add to a forum discussion.  Saving our pennies for the bathroom addition - thinking about it a lot lately.  Just wanted to check in to say how much we love what you did with our house!  People still stop and look!

Kumi (and Tommy)

Posted by Susan McElroy at September 06. 2009

Previously Mark Meyer wrote:

Hi Mark,

I'm one of those "charter" people who used to meet down at that Motel restaurant on South Congress.  I owned (still do, but it will probably be sold in 2010) a Modernist home.

I couldn't take the heat anymore and moved to Seattle.  Finally getting settled and thinking about whether in this economy I can ever hope to have something remotely modern someday.  A renter now.

Austin Modernists past and present,

Are there any of us still hanging around the LiveModern bulletin boards? We used to have the most lively forum on this site, and now it looks like we are being soundly beaten by the Dallas forum. As the moderator of this forum I'd be interested to hear what any of you Austin folks would be interested in discussing, if there are any of you active lurkers out there.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll see of I can't get some interesting conversations rolling again.

Thanks,

Mark Meyer

designSTUDIO

Posted by Robert M. Carnochan at April 22. 2010

Hi Mark - things have indeed been dead on here for a long time, I only check once in a blue moon (or less)!  Things in agave are great albeit slow going in the sales department.  Urbanspace Realtors have just taken over the marketing and sales for agave and are working to jump start the awareness of the neighborhood.  They've already updated the website (agaveaustin.com) and signage in the area - we'll see what happens! 

We still love living out here and love, love, love our home.  I'm always dreaming of new projects, be it landscaping ideas, shade structures, music/office studio, blah, blah, blah, but in reality we're simply in maintenance mode trying to get rid of weeds and help the grass and plants grow.  I still update our blog that I started a long time ago now and again, so feel free to check it out at http://www.7301ava.blogspot.com.

I hope everyone in the Austin Mod Community is doing as well as we are.

Take care,

Rob

Attachments