Modern new construction for sale in west Austin
Average Rating: ( 0 votes)
Modern new construction for sale in west AustinPosted by Robert Griffice at February 08. 2007
I've got a 2020 sf 3bd/2ba new home for sale in the Bee Cave area. The lot size is 14,000 sf and there is parking for 2 cars underneath the house. The house is listed at $459,900 and is less than 500' from Lake Austin (including a voluntary community pool, park, and boat ramp...there are only 8 public access points to Lake Austin).
The house has many green, energy-efficient, and low-maintenance features including:
Structural insulated panels for the roof system (provides an uninterrupted thermal plane for the roof)
- Icynene spray-in insulation in the walls and floors
- HVAC located inside the thermal envelope of the house to minimize thermal loss
- High efficiency variable speed HVAC – 2 systems
- Tankless on-demand Takagi water heater
- Dual-flush (.8/1.6 gpf) Toto Aquia toilets
- Duravit plumbing fixtures in master bath
- Energy-Star stainless kitchen appliances: JennAir gas (propane) downdraft range, KitchenAid Architect-series refrigerator and dishwasher
- Exterior siding is mix of low-maintenance materials: Hardiplank fiber cement (50 yr mfr warranty), painted galvanized steel (20-year mfr paint warranty), and galvalume steel corrugated panels.
- Roof is long-lasting Galvalume corrugated steel (should outlast asphalt shingle roof by 2-3x)
- Windows are low-E insulated glass
- Interior flooring is bamboo throughout house with cork-mosaic tile in bathrooms (grouted and sealed).
- The 3 outdoor decks are long-lasting ipe hardwood with steel railing.
- Solar panels and rainwater harvesting systems could easily be added to this house and the roof pitch and orientation is designed to optimize either type of system.