Personal tools
Sections

Stassney?

by jakob clark last modified Jul 02, 2008 09:40 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Stassney?

Posted by jakob clark at July 02. 2008

I am looking for another home in Austin. I adopted a dog who needs a one story (bad hips) so I've started looking around. I found a 60s home that I really like in an area that might be considered sketchy by some ... but I just haven't lived here long enough to know for myself. It's off South Congress (further south than the trendy area). Heading south you turn right on Sandra and you take a left on Glen Meadow. 

The house has great bones and needs very little work (some paint, light fixtures, and light landscaping). It's perfect for my price range and offers 3 bedrooms and an outside work room. This is just what I am looking for. 

I need to know about the area and if it is safe. This is my main concern. I do a bit of travel and I don't want to leave my lovely fiance at home alone in an uncomfortable environment. 

The area is largely Hispanic, which of course, I don't mind at all. But, some have made comments to me about that. I would like to think that it is only due to their own prejudices and speculations. The houses seem well kept, save for a few with junk in their carports. There seem to be quite a bit of children in the area as well. As far as I can tell it's fine. I would just like an experienced Austinite to chime in.

Thanks!!!!

Attachments