Personal tools
Sections

is there interest in a modernisn development

by Cara Cummins last modified Aug 18, 2005 05:16 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

is there interest in a modernisn development

Posted by Cara Cummins at July 19. 2005

We are currently polling for interest in a Modern development in Atlanta.
The project is in the downtown area. Housing prices would be in the mid $300,000.
Phase one will be 8 units. More details will be provided later.
Please post what features are preceived as modern.

Re: is there interest in a modernisn development

Posted by J Keith Hall at July 19. 2005

Will these be single family homes or townhomes?
I think that there is a tremendous desire in Atlanta for single family homes with a truly modern design

Re: is there interest in a modernist development

Posted by Cara Cummins at July 20. 2005

yes these will be single family homes, a few may be townhomes.
We are working with the city with regards to funding and zoning.
Price point is very important in this area, and building type.

Posted by J Keith Hall at July 20. 2005

I'm interested in learning more, will you be at the ATL;Modern event at DWR this Friday?

Posted by Sheila Elliott at August 05. 2005

I want modern in Atlanta but I also want privacy, a pool and at least 4,000 sq. ft. And, I dont want to renovate. So, I must build. Great! I can't find decent lot for under $600,000. That leaves me very little money to build with. Is there anyone out there that can build me a nice decent white boxy house with lots of windows for under $100.00 a square foot.

Posted by Adam Phillips at August 05. 2005

i have a home for sale you might be interested in....its in buckhead on a private lot, very boxy with lots of windows. let me know if you would like to see it.
-a d a m

Attachments

Posted by Cara Cummins at August 12. 2005

600,000 for a lot is a big price. What area are you looking in? We have found intown lots from at the most 350k~ but what size. We design houses all the time for $100sqft and less.
:zz:

Posted by Mod House at August 12. 2005

Tacstudios, Do you have a webpage or samples of your work?

Posted by Sheila Elliott at August 12. 2005

30327 within 10 minutes of Holly Innocents School. We want at least an acre.... privacy. MOdern, white, boxy, flat roof, courtyard pool... is that so much to ask? SImple, clean, modern.... What is wrong with Atlanta? Can you people junk it up anymore? Get over it. It is just stuff. Who cares? I know someone who just spent $1,000 on a shower curtian. Please!

Posted by Cara Cummins at August 15. 2005

Our Website is tacstudios.com. The website is under renovation.
By the way, if you know some one who spent $1000.00 on the shower curtain- please give them our contact info~ we like those kind of clients!:grin:

Posted by Mod House at August 16. 2005

I like the residence at 711. Really nice.

711 Kendall

Posted by Cara Cummins at August 18. 2005

Thank you. My husband and I are both architects, TaC studios. We feel very fortunate that we have been able to practice what we preach, by living and working in our own project. We are a small practice, we are able to take on the projects that we want. Keeping it small, we keep it special. Just completed a cafe, about to start another, have 2 'modern' homes underconstruction, a retail center, and a multifamily project about to start.
An accomplishment that I did not even realize untill yesterday, that we have started a revolution in our hood (the 4th ward). More people are building 'modern' in our 1mile radius. Our house is sited in a location (adjacent to a parkway)that thousands see- often. We have given hundreds of tours. We have several clients because of Kendall. We have educated others on the process, and the lack of design guidelines in our area. It is very inspiring to hear from people, that the reason they purchased land in our area- was because of our house.
If only we could update our website, where does the time go.....