Personal tools

Decatur Modern Introducing Modernism to Atlanta

by J Keith Hall last modified Jun 17, 2005 09:48 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Decatur Modern Introducing Modernism to Atlanta

Posted by J Keith Hall at June 06. 2005

Decatur Modern is excited to announce the date and time of our 2nd meeting of our short series of investor meetings, extending an opportunity for you to be a part of what is going to be the very first development company of it's kind in the Atlanta market. I am sure you will not be disappointed!

The next investor meeting will be at Poliform Atlanta showroom at 7pm on Wednesday June 29th at 7pm (directions below). If you have not been to the Poliform Atlanta Showroom, it is a beautiful place and an excellent suitable setting of modern design to introduce what will be the preeminent brand of modern design in the southeast - there will be deserts and beverages

Email me at to RSVP before June 20th

Decatur Modern will set the standard for modern living in the Southeast. We will be the most recognized and celebrated brand of urban dwelling in Atlanta and the Southeast.

I am both happy and excited about the the buzz that Decatur Modern has created through word of mouth and the website . We have formed a partnership with Lightroom Studios, Poliform Atlanta, ATLmodern, and DWR atlanta We have developed an impressive investors package for a strong but short series of investor information and recruiting meetings in June thru July.
Decatur Modern aims to create a prestigious and distinctive brand of truly classic modern dwellings in the most fitting urban settings in Atlanta (and eventually the Southeast). We are the only development company of our kind and I anticipate a plethora of national and international print media coverage celebrating dwellings that enhance the lives of everyone who purchases, visits, or passes a Decatur Modern structure.

Poliform Atlanta (directions also on is located on Howell Mill Road in West Midtown behind Bacchanalia.

- From Interstate 75/85, take 14th Street exit, turn West on 14th Street (towards GA Tech, not toward Piedmont Park) proceed approximately 1 mile to Howell Mill Road,turn Right on Howell Mill Road, turn Left at 1st driveway into Westside shops - Poliform is located in suite 112 behind Bacchanalia and Bungalow

Please call me at 404-372-1775 if you have any trouble getting there

J Keith Hall MD CEO
Decatur Modern

Re: Decatur Modern Introducing Modernism to Atlanta

Posted by Adam Phillips at June 15. 2005

introducing modernism to atlanta?

Re: Decatur Modern Introducing Modernism to Atlanta

Posted by J Keith Hall at June 17. 2005

Absolutely! Atlanta does have a few very fine custom homes and renovations that are truly modern in their design, construction, and aesthetic but at the real estate development level the home buyer in the metro Atlanta area has been only teased with Modern inspired projects that have used one or two elements (simplier cabinetry although still the same poor quality, larger windows, less trim, and opening up their traditional floor plans) outside of their usual construction methods and materials and pushed those few elements to the front of their marketing in order to sell. There have been few truly unique modern elements introduced to the development market and those that do stop tremendously short of making their developments a truly classic modern dwelling - take for instance Metropolis: they had floor to ceiling glass (though only 9ft) and open floor plans (if 600-1200 sq ft can be open) but they put in shaker style kitchen cabinets, plain white ceremic tyles and the ceiling was concrete! Another example: MWest - they used the same contruction framing and materials that ure used in cookie cutter townhomes that sell all over the metro area for $150-190k, they only opened up the floorplan, put in cheap simple cabinets, larger windows, and saved themselves some money by trimming down on trim around windows and doors - then they turned around and conned people into spending twice as much to live in the middle of an industrial wasteland by pushing a few modern inspired elements to the front of their marketing.

I could on and on but the simple fact is it's true - we will be introducing a multitude of features to the Atlanta real estate market that the home buyer here has never seen here - True Classic Modern Design

J Keith Hall MD CEO
Decatur Modern