Personal tools

Needed: Atlanta Architect

by Tal Isbell last modified May 04, 2005 06:57 PM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Needed: Atlanta Architect

Posted by Tal Isbell at December 13. 2004

Looking for an Atlanta architect to design a Mies van der Rohe / Glenn Murchutt inspired steel and glass box. Need someone young enough to be hungry for this kind of challenge yet experienced enough to navigate the labyrinth that is the City of Atlanta to get permits.

I already own the dirt.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Re: Needed: Atlanta Architect

Posted by Gregory La Vardera at December 13. 2004

Yeah - I do. Jonathan Elmore - he has advertised in the Marketplace section of Dwell on and off over the years. I've spoke to him and I think he is a real thoughtful guy.

If you talk to him tell him I sent you!

Posted by Mark Meyer at December 13. 2004

Although I'm not in Georgia, I'm working on two projects in that neck of the woods, one in Jacksonville, FL, the other in Summerville, SC. I'd love to work on something that is inspired by Murcutt and Mies. Take a look at the Deep Eddy West project on my homepage at

It is very much inspired by Murcutt's understanding of climate, topography, and tectonic culture. I'm definitley young and hungry enough, and can't imagine the rigamorole of negotiating the Atlanta permitting process is any harder than pulling permits on a commercial property in Downtown Austin (try a year and a half to get everyone happy with a bar and music venue).

Mark Meyer

Posted by Adam Phillips at April 25. 2005

If you need an atlanta architect or good modern project manager, you should check out sunny day real estate in atlanta, i just finished a modern home with them, and it turned out great!

Posted by kimba rizzo at May 04. 2005

We are currently working with a great young team (2) of architects. our house is in the stage of getting priced by the contractor (also young, hungry, affordable yet experienced)as soon as we can pick the best yet cheapest materials to build w/ . our budget is in the way of $110/ sq. foot (hopefully). Their name is Dencity Design. 404-226-6926. they have also had an ad in the back of Dwell. they're awesome.