Personal tools

Lot Search

by Don Whitten last modified May 15, 2006 06:52 AM
Editorial Rating: 1 2 3 4 5
Average Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 ( 0 votes)

Lot Search

Posted by Don Whitten at May 01. 2006

I have a potential client in search of a single family building lot in or around Atlanta. Any information would be helpful.

Re: Lot Search

Posted by Cara Cummins at May 02. 2006

price range is the name of the game.
anything less than 100k, will be outside the city, or in a difficult area.
everyone is looking.

Posted by Don Whitten at May 02. 2006

$75K max
any configuration or area is possible.
how do you describe difficult

Posted by Steven Scott West at May 02. 2006

IF I may speak for TAC - Difficult means either a difficult(and probably expensive) lot to build on because of size, shape, or topography or it will be located in a rather(at least currently) ghetto-oriented area such as peoplestown, mechanicsville, vine city, Chosewood Park, Lakewood, etc. These are the areas you will generally be looking at in the sub $75K range though it is possible to get lucky every once in a great while.

I had been looking for a lot to build a modern spec. home on for 3 months or so and just purchased a nice 40'x150' lot in Reynoldstown for $90K which while it was no steal was relatively a decent deal. I put in the offer within 3 hours of it being listed and there were 2 back-up contracts within 24 hours. Market value was probably $100K. I recently put in another offer on a lot in Poncey-Highlands for $40,000 over the asking price of $136,000 and still got beat out. There is a LOT of competition so you have to be constantly observant, fast, and a little bit lucky if it's something that's listed on the MLS.

Hope that helps!

Scott West
West Architecture Studio

Posted by Don Whitten at May 15. 2006

Thanks for the info. As it turns out the potential client just purchased a mid-century modern in lieu of building.
When I graduated Southern Poly in '98 we looked at lots in Reynoldstown for 5-10K
'Times they have certainly changed'
Good look with your spec development.
Interestingly enough, I discovered your website a few days before I read your post. Nice work and nice clean concise site. I look forward to following your speculative projects. If your ever in need of a competant design/build contractor check out Chris with Gravity Architects.

or contact me @ to discuss.